AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The high pressure AC transducer is on the compressor discharge line, that goes to the condenser.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been active on here, but I figured I'd drop by for an update on the car and an update on the next stage of life for it.

I did re-wire my A/C system a couple years ago, it's a hybrid of the 2011 and 2005 systems. The base A/C system (lines, compressor, evap, condenser) are all stock 2008 (still have the factory charge, baby!) with the addition of a 2011+ AC pressure transducer in place of the 2008 high pressure switch. I ran the car like this for a while, but my evaporator core would constantly ice up after about 45-60 mins of use. I got tired of this, so I wired the low pressure switch behind the engine into my AC relay to cut the compressor when the pressure gets too high. This has completely solved my icing issue.

Now on to the fun stuff...

As it sits right now, the car has a CJ intake, long tubes, corn, etc... and while its an absolute blast (and more power than I need for the traffic lol) its time to take it to the next level. I have a Whipple stage 1 competition kit on the way and I'm gearing up for my install in the next few weeks here (hopefully!).

My fuel system is already done with Fore dual pump hat, Fore regulator, Fore filter, and a walbro 460. I did the oil pump gears and crank gear a few years ago. I just need to pick up a few bits and bobs (M-12405-M50A spark plugs, oil, coolant, etc...) and I'll be ready to go when the Whipple lands.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back