Looking to buy a New Touchscreen radio to change my shaker 1k unit

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It must be android compatible, run pandora and waze app. Any recommendations? reverse camera option would be awesome.

first would be to not post in tech.... moved.... :insane:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Android 5.1.1 headunit with built in faceplate to fit our cars almost perfectly. I say almost because it's no flush but all round fits good.

c9163e2262d96bbf13fb4f4e41574186.jpg

I bought it here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291847178702

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Android 5.1.1 headunit with built in faceplate to fit our cars almost perfectly. I say almost because it's no flush but all round fits good.

c9163e2262d96bbf13fb4f4e41574186.jpg

I bought it here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291847178702

Can you show more screen shots of interface? Navigation? Does it work well with iPhone? How's the hands free call quality? Glare issues with screen? Were you able to get it to work with steering wheel controls?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'll record a video for you.

It has a GPS antenna but doesn't come with an app installed. I use Google Maps as I tether my iPhone. But you can download pretty much any navi app on the Google Play Store.

Yes it works well with the iPhone. It even has mirror link which allows you to mirror your iPhone via wifi. Works flawlessly.

Hands free calls are pretty good. Better than the jvc and pioneer units I've had in the past. People were able to tell I was using a Bluetooth but didn't complain.

This comes with two wires to connect with the swc. I can program it fully and it works but sometimes the buttons get all messed up and do different functions. This is not using any PAC or aftermarket SWC. Feel like the ohms fluctuate too much to be consistent maybe. I'm also using a 2010+ steering wheel on a 2007 GT so take that into consideration.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I too am still deciding on a radio/Navi/camera/waze/iPhone compatible radio. I thought MirrorLink radios were Android, and Carplay iPhone?

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
is yours touch screen and who makes it? i want to research it a bit. the seller does not say the make

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
is yours touch screen and who makes it? i want to research it a bit. the seller does not say the make

Yeah mine is touchscreen. It's made by Xtrons.

I had the Joying unit before but be warned it's not a true double din. The aftermarket dash kits don't fit over it so you'll have this nasty 1/4" gap all around. That's why I did it for this one.

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah mine is touchscreen. It's made by Xtrons.

I had the Joying unit before but be warned it's not a true double din. The aftermarket dash kits don't fit over it so you'll have this nasty 1/4" gap all around. That's why I did it for this one.

how does it compare? sound quality? buttons? overall feel. They both run android so the interface should be the same or no?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Joying had 4.1.1 at the time, the Xtron came with 5.1.1 but overall same interface.

The Xtron definitely has a better sound quality for sure. Radio has a much better reception and the Bluetooth phone calls are much clearer.

As far as music sound quality, I would say it's pretty good. I can go loud with out breaking it up too much.

08gtbullitt151

forum member
Reaction score
How does the torque app work with your head unit?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I used a Bluetooth obd2 dongle I got from Amazon and works flawlessly.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back