Greetings from far, far away

icebroker

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is Chris, 30 years old and I'm actually living in Europe, Germany. I was living for six months in Leominster, MA. In that time I needed a car and since I always wanted something really special I went with a Mustang which was rare in Europe at that time. I got a 2005 S197 V6 Convertible. My budget only included a GT Coupe or V6 Conv. and for traveling the eastcost I rather wanted it "topless".
I exported the car to Europe and since that time I'm driving it every summer. I have the conflict of loving V8 engines, which you usually expect from a mustang. Problem is: i love my mustang, the design of the 05-09ers and the memory's of the eastcost tour and all tours I had later on. And I love the coyote engine. It's just a masterpiece in my point of view. The Interieur of the 11-14, especially 13/14 looks awesome. So you guys probably see where this is going to... yes, I want to swap all the wiring, engine, etc... to my 05 V6.
For someone who lives in the US, this is already a big project. But for someone on the other side of the Atlantic (which means everything i have to order takes weeks to get to Germany) this is quit a challenge. Any, I want this so bad so it's gonna happen anyways :)

I was reading all the "hardcore swaps" in this forum. Big respect to everyone who did this! And this brings me to the point: I want to export a salvaged 11-14 GT, in best case 13/14 with low mileage, which has all the parts I need. At the moment I am looking at "copart" and comparable sides.

Can anyone of you help me out with this? I would love to hear about every tip/trick how to get a useable, salvaged car for my belongs as cheep as possible. The export and the taxes we have to pay, even for a salvaged car, are enormous.

This project is supposed to start in November 2017. I will, of course, keep you all updated.

Cheers
Chris

9d5144fc68ba9024774b1cd0a273c204.png

21f19da581f2ab07463f3907366b6d2b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Don't have any tips but lookin forward to the swap.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Did you have the interior wrapped in leather? That looks really nice.

icebroker

Reaction score
Yes, it's leather, but it never come to an end since I decided to swap the Interior as well. The dash and stereo have black "piano" finish, except the buttons. This was thought as an example how you relatively cheap can upgrade your interior.

Kato - thx, this really is a good site.. I'll keep an eye on that

Last edited:

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I was stationed at Ft Devens at one time, and in Augsburg (by Munich) for 5 years.

Welcome to the site

icebroker

Reaction score
Hey '14StangGT,

Nice to hear - I'm still working as a soldier in the army and met a lot of us soldiers, great team! I studied in Munich and I am at Bad Reichenhall now, which is quite close to Augsburg.

Thanks for the welcome!

icebroker

Reaction score
Hello again,

I was lucky to shoot a 2011 GT with 60k miles on copart.com. It runs smoothly and seems to be in great condition (so far). It already ahs some upgrades I didn't expect. But it's nice since I don't have to spend money on that parts which I would have done anyways.
It's got additionally:
- Brembo Brake Package
- Koni Shocks
- Eibach balancers
- Roush Axlebacks
I won't start the swap before winter since I still want to make the 120k with the V6. 5k to go...

Here are some pics of the 2011 GT:
http://de.share-your-photo.com/722712c789/album

additionally a short clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzqBTZacGIg

Looking forward to make the little pony a big one...

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Looking forward to following your swap buddy. :clap:

bigwelcome-1.gif

Terry

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Greetings/welcome from East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

icebroker

Reaction score
Oh, that name is a little town close to the border to Salzburg.
Reicher is quite German and kind of remembers times long time ago

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back