5.0 died and will not start

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Ford Dealer most likely is waiting on Ford. So they can't commit to anything

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It took them several working days to get back to my buddy when his motor went. They finally called him to say it's got no compression in one cylinder and to authorize a tear down (which he ended up having to pay for after his warranty was cancelled).

Synister500

Reaction score
I've been watching this thread and have a few concerns:

Concern# 1

Individual #1 says the oil and water was fine. Individual# 2 says there was NO OIL ON DIPSTICK. Well which is it?

Concern #2

Individual #2 says the oil hasn't been checked since May

Concern# 3

You have clearly posted the engine has been modified

Concern# 4

Did you really think this all the way through before posting your situation on a public forum for all to read? I guess you don't think that anyone from Ford every reads these forums.

Concern #1:
No coolant in the oil. That would be obvious by pulling the dipstick, and or lack of coolant in the expansion tank. No oil coming out the exhaust. However, there was no oil on dipstick.

Concern #2
If you read closer, HE HAS BEEN IN JAPAN FOR THE LAST 4 WEEKS FOR WORK. The car probably didn't even accumulate 100 miles.

Concern #3
So, and your point is what exactly? Moding your car does not void your warranty. I'm not getting into it again with a bunch of know it all's, but the bottom line is my wife works for an attorney, and I have many friends who are attorneys as well. Regardless of what TSB is put out there the burden of proof is on the manufacture. You go to court they have to prove the parameters of your tune caused the failure. 2nd part who has cried about Ford or what Ford will or will not warranty here?

Concern #4
Are you serious? Again no one here is saying anything about Ford, crying about Ford, bitching about Ford. If the issue is found to be Ford's problem; Ford will fix it. If it his problem; he will fix it.

So to sum it up for you; I don't give a flying fuck what your concerns are. If your not here to help; then your here just to stir up shit. The main reason there have been no updates is because he is going through the motions of letting Ford diagnose a problem with a car that is under warranty. Period.

BJ

19cobra99

Reaction score
OP hey it's Albert the other broken car guy. Since we last spoke I took the car to Al Packer up north, got a guy there that knows his shit. Nothing can be done. Maroone Ford of Miami made it a point to FUCK me as bad as they possibly can. Me and my car are "black flagged" in the system. Now my tuner just talked to his Ford Racing guy and he say that it's gotten so bad that if a car goes into service for ANYTHING, and the car has an intake on it they will connect the scan tool and check mode 9. If the flash counter is different they WILL VOID THE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY!!!

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
OP hey it's Albert the other broken car guy. Since we last spoke I took the car to Al Packer up north, got a guy there that knows his shit. Nothing can be done. Maroone Ford of Miami made it a point to FUCK me as bad as they possibly can. Me and my car are "black flagged" in the system. Now my tuner just talked to his Ford Racing guy and he say that it's gotten so bad that if a car goes into service for ANYTHING, and the car has an intake on it they will connect the scan tool and check mode 9. If the flash counter is different they WILL VOID THE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY!!!
Are you kidding?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Ruh roh..........

photo_ASTRO4.JPEG

5.4 Shelby

Reaction score
Last I knew, They cant do that. They cannot void the warranty for modifications. It is against the law.

They can deny a warranty claim if they can prove the modification caused the failure.

I read the TSB 11-07-07. It does say to cancel the warranty, but, like I said, against the law. Unless Ford has found a loop hole in that law.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last I knew, They cant do that. They cannot void the warranty for modifications. It is against the law.

They can deny a warranty claim if they can prove the modification caused the failure.

I read the TSB 11-07-07. It does say to cancel the warranty, but, like I said, against the law. Unless Ford has found a loop hole in that law.

Yeah, but how many people can afford to take Ford to court to have that law upheld?

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
All of these post about what is legal and what isn't, is just a waste of time and space. I worked with one of the largest Corps in the world, and they broke the law every day. They don't give a shit about any State or Fed law or regulations. Even if a group sues them the money that they make with the money they refuse to pay out more than pays for the court and settlement cost.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score

What is mode 9?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Verifying this as we speak. Honestly, it sounds legit.

Are you kidding?

I'll let you know as soon as my service manager gets back to me.

What is mode 9?

I'll let you know that too.

Tiddies

life in the slow lane
Reaction score
the letter in that link specificly states that : "If a powertrain failure resulted from an unauthorized modification" so they still have to prove that the modification caused the issue.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Oh yeah, don't even think about tuning an ecoboost. A failed ecoboost will warrant a visit from a Ford rep. They won't even waste time asking you questions.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I kind of feel that if you void your warranty, Ford should refund you part of the cost of your vehicle, since the cost of a warranty is built into the price...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back