LAStang's Build Thread.......FINALLY!!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright, finished off the night relocating the power steering. It's a little tight if you ask me, but on to the next step, making this manifold work with the t-stat spacer...

DSC00507.jpg

Best of luck with the Vortech install! I will be following the FRPP Intake / T-Stat aspect closely as this is on my to-do list. Please take lots of pictures!!!!!

07blackGT

forum member
Reaction score
How I first got her back in 09...33k miles on her then.

24783_111253358915580_6613401_n.jpg

Went through a weird phase with the halo setup..LOL

DSCN1272.jpg

Got rid of the halos and went back to stock, found an Eleanor grille for a great deal, turned out to be a much cleaner look. Then it must of took little over a year to decide on what wheels to go with, finally ended up getting the FR500's 18x9 in front and 18x10 in the rear. Very glad with my decision.

jgytf.jpg

And now finally decided to get off the couch and start today with putting my 3V Vortech H.O. kit in. It only took a whole year in Afghanistan to get me to where I'd feel some what at ease spending this much money at one time on the car LOL.

DSC00374.jpg

Also would like to thank Terry @ Beefcake Racing for the killer deal he got me! I should be getting my tune any day now from Justin over at VMP, but it's taking a little longer than I expected and no one is replying to my emails, will most likely be giving them a call tomorrow.

Day 1:

Managed to get all the coolant and power steering drained
Piping removed
My soon to be even more annoying FRPP manifold off
Getting what studs and tabs that needed modifying modified so that the belt will clear

Figured I'd take it nice and easy. I really don't want to miss something critical, plus I've got another 20 some-odd days of leave left. LOL

I'll update as I go!

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

such a good looking car. love the color!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it finished bro.

Got the manifold to fit over the t-stat with it's spacer! Just took lots of grinding and filing to get it in there! Definitely not the prettiest thing, but that part is at least done. Also got the 39lb injectors in.

DSC00512.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back