Bad Sellers

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Do you still have proof of this?

Let's be realistic for just a minute.
Yes, the boss was broken completely off, no threads left.

But never mind that...let's go with this.
Read the original for sale thread.
I was adamant about it being in perfect shape aside from the powdercoat I'd have to remove.
IF the boss wasn't broken totally off, only cracked...then according to his post he still sold me a part that wasn't in perfect shape.
There is noway you could see a crack in a cellphone text pic...which I never received because again, the MF is lying.

If the boss was just cracked, I would've had it TIG welded back good.
I'd be stupid not to.
Where the hell else would I get a timing cover for $65 bucks!
LOL
It's broke off, how I received it.
A new boss will have to be made and welded on as I described.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight and not pointing any fingers...but as buyer or seller I would have a problem with this.

I PM'd you in December, less that one month after I purchased it, about the broken boss.

Why did you wait so long to contact the seller on this issue? If I sold a part to someone and several weeks go by and they PM me saying it's broken I'd have a problem with that. On the other hand...open the box and PM me within a day or so and I'd be more than happy to make it right. Not saying anyone is not being 100%....but when does the sellers responsibility end? Part was advertised...part was bought....part was broken....refund the money. Done!!

I'd say take the refund and end all this and be done with it.

RH

Last edited:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight and not pointing any fingers...but as buyer or seller I would have a problem with this.

Why did you wait so long to contact the seller on this issue? If I sold a part to someone and several weeks go by and they PM me saying it's broken I'd have a problem with that. On the other hand...open the box and PM me within a day or so and I'd be more than happy to make it right. Not saying anyone is not being 100%....but when does the sellers responsibility end? Part was advertised...part was bought....part was broken....refund the money. Done!!

I'd say take the refund and end all this and be done with it.

RH

Go to post # 2496. It is a copy of a PM I sent him. It is dated 12/15. Read the content of that PM. I can't give an exact date, but I'd guess maybe a week earlier, 12/8'ish...I PM'd him about the broken boss. Now consider I paid for this part on 11/23. I don't recall exact shipping time, but let's assume he got it out the next day, 24th...and I received it 28-29th. That makes about 10 days the part sat in the box before I opened it. While I agree with you, 10 days is not extreme. You can return an item to Walmart in 30 days. PayPal gives you 45 days to file dispute. Going by your theory, Walmart should cut off returns at 10 days, right?

Furthermore, read the for sale thread. I posted the link a few posts back. I was ADAMANT about the part being in perfect condition aside from the red paint/powdercoat. If the seller shipped a part in perfect condition, it shouldn't matter when I open the box. It should be perfect whenever that happens, right?

I'm not taking the refund. I don't trust the MF to refund my money. PayPal will not do anything for me on this dispute because it's past 45 days since the transaction. It's only $135 bucks, I'm not gonna live or die over that amount. I was diplomatic with the prick the entire time. He kept giving lame excuses. I kept my end of the deal...I paid in a timely manner, I gave him ample time to make it good. My character has spoken for itself...something I take pride in. I have yet to lie about anything, unlike the seller. I feel I'm trustworthy, unlike the seller. If he wants to maintain his character & honor, why can't he refund my money, first? Then I'll return the parts. I'm not the one that's shown myself to be a shyster, he has.

Last edited:

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off this isn't Walmart...and Paypal did give you 45 days. Sounds like you were being a little to forgiving.

I agree with the idea that maybe he should be the one to give the refund prior to you shipping out the damaged item. Seems the burden should be on him.

Post up some pics of the broken part (unless my old eyes missed that somewhere...lol).

RH

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
First off this isn't Walmart...and Paypal did give you 45 days. Sounds like you were being a little to forgiving.

I agree with the idea that maybe he should be the one to give the refund prior to you shipping out the damaged item. Seems the burden should be on him.

Post up some pics of the broken part (unless my old eyes missed that somewhere...lol).

RH

Absolutely...I stated a couple posts back that I'd post pics tonight.
Be looking for them.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
No Bruce I sent him one and had the other one out for repair and now I can't get back in touch with the guy who is doing it,I'm sick and tired of the whole situation! He sends it all back and I refund his money, the boss wasn't broken off completely, I sent him pictures of the front and back before I sent it to him and he said okay so I sent it, then get a text saying that it was so I guess it was, I don't know, I just want him to get his money back and I'll get my stuff back and he can go bother someone else! He got a steal of a deal on all of it and told me it would cost 75+ to get it tigged up which is bull but what ever floats his boat

Why haven't you posted those pics? The pic in the ad is questionable, especially since it doesn't show much of the red cover that is the subject of this dispute.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Chris can be an ass sometimes but his word is solid. I don't believe his character would allow him to rip somebody off. I know it isn't anything that can be used as proof but my spidey senses were tingling when I originally read the seller's thread and unfortunately it appears I may have been correct. The horrible looking paint and seller's lack of detailed pictures made me abandon the idea of buying those parts. I suspected they were in worse shape than described.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Why haven't you posted those pics? The pic in the ad is questionable, especially since it doesn't show much of the red cover that is the subject of this dispute.

Bruce,
I responded to this in my earlier post that has multiple quotes.
I got to read the sellers posts and your posts at about 2:30 AM.
My ass was whooped from one long freaking day.
I replied that I'd have to go down to the garage, take pics, load to Photobucket, then load to s197.
I was too tired to mess with it.
I also replied that I'd post pics tonight.
I have a job during daylight hours that I have to tend to, first.

Pics will be posted this evening as I stated.

Chris can be an ass sometimes but his word is solid. I don't believe his character would allow him to rip somebody off. I know it isn't anything that can be used as proof but my spidey senses were tingling when I originally read the seller's thread and unfortunately it appears I may have been correct. The horrible looking paint and seller's lack of detailed pictures made me abandon the idea of buying those parts. I suspected they were in worse shape than described.

Brian, first off, thanks for the good word.
Second, even though the parts look like shit in the pics, it was mostly cosmetic.
Nothing a sandblaster can't take care of.
The valve covers are indeed perfect, I just had to have the red sandblasted is all.
Aside from the broken boss, nothing wrong with the timing cover.
Had the broken boss been disclosed, I wouldn't have bought it.
I'm not one to buy shit parts and put on my vehicles.
Darren AKA UltraKla$$ic can vouch for that as he's seen some of my Harley builds.

Last edited:

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Bruce,
I replied that I'd have to go down to the garage, take pics, load to Photobucket, then load to s197.

I think he was refering to the pics he supposedly sent to you in text.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Bruce,

My comment was directed at the seller. If he has pics of the parts in good shape then case closed. If he doesn't have the pics he claims to have then his credibility is pretty much shot.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bruce,

I think Bruce was asking the seller that question, not you.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I think he was refering to the pics he supposedly sent to you in text.

I'd like to see them, too.

My comment was directed at the seller. If he has pics of the parts in good shape then case closed. If he doesn't have the pics he claims to have then his credibility is pretty much shot.

I think Bruce was asking the seller that question, not you.

My apology. I misunderstood.
But I'm still going to post pics of the complete timing cover and of the broken boss.
I realize the only person that has said I'm a liar is the seller, but when something like that is said, I find myself wanting to prove I'm right.
I guess it's the way I was raised.
I don't like smear marks on my name.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This Chris guy needs to take a break and catch his breath. Lol and calm down. I say the seller refunds a set amount and then lil miss piggy sends the fucked up part back.

Chris im only kidding.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
This Chris guy needs to take a break and catch his breath. Lol and calm down. I say the seller refunds a set amount and then lil miss piggy sends the fucked up part back.

Chris im only kidding.

Keep up shit like this and I'll piss on your bacon.

LOL

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

Chris im only kidding.

Just the fucked up part and then lil miss piggy keeps the rest of it. :thumb:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
This is the cover as I received it. The red shit was acceptable as it only needs a sandblaster.

This is what a good boss looks like for those that have never seen the inside of a timing cover.

This is the broken boss.

While taking these pics, I noticed this on the 3rd boss. I'm not sure if it's a crack or a casting mark. I wasn't going to prod around to find out.

Here is what I think happened. Before yesterday the seller hadn't been on the site since 12/23/13. PURELY speculation on my part, but I have a hunch the seller may have gotten rid of his 3V Mustang and moved on. Figured he could dump what shit he had leftover from his 3V days here on the forum. As stated, PURELY SPECULATION on my part.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
My current cover has a busted boss on the back side, dab of RTV 3 years ago and has never leaked....you helicoil the threads. Not that it is any excuse for the shit seller, but for a few bucks you could be good as new.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
My current cover has a busted boss on the back side, dab of RTV 3 years ago and has never leaked....you helicoil the threads. Not that it is any excuse for the shit seller, but for a few bucks you could be good as new.

A short plug could also be used from the back along with rtv. I'd even venture to say that coating the threads with rtv and installing the idler should make a good seal. Maybe that's where you put your dab of rtv?

I see threads in the picture, are they no longer useable? It looks like a long bolt was used to me too.

I'm getting inconsistent info from the seller. He has described it as perfect and as broken out just like the other one.

Just because the price was good doesn't mean that it's ok to send something different than what was described. Several times the seller has stated that it was a low price so it shouldn't matter if the boss was broken. He even alluded to it in his negative feedback that was left for the buyer.

Waiting for the sellers pics.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Fuckturd? Fuck you pussy! I told you to send everything back and I would refund your money plus the shipping, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what you got IMO but you go ahead and call me names, file your dispute with paypal and grow the fuck up! I sold you a timing chain cover and valve covers for 135 bucks and I paid 30+ bucks to ship them to you, so who came out ahead on that deal???????

It sounds like an easy solution. Send the parts back and get a refund.

Bad Piggy are you on board with this?

Go to post # 2496. It is a copy of a PM I sent him. It is dated 12/15. Read the content of that PM. I can't give an exact date, but I'd guess maybe a week earlier, 12/8'ish...I PM'd him about the broken boss. Now consider I paid for this part on 11/23. I don't recall exact shipping time, but let's assume he got it out the next day, 24th...and I received it 28-29th. That makes about 10 days the part sat in the box before I opened it. While I agree with you, 10 days is not extreme. You can return an item to Walmart in 30 days. PayPal gives you 45 days to file dispute. Going by your theory, Walmart should cut off returns at 10 days, right?

Furthermore, read the for sale thread. I posted the link a few posts back. I was ADAMANT about the part being in perfect condition aside from the red paint/powdercoat. If the seller shipped a part in perfect condition, it shouldn't matter when I open the box. It should be perfect whenever that happens, right?

I'm not taking the refund. I don't trust the MF to refund my money. PayPal will not do anything for me on this dispute because it's past 45 days since the transaction. It's only $135 bucks, I'm not gonna live or die over that amount. I was diplomatic with the prick the entire time. He kept giving lame excuses. I kept my end of the deal...I paid in a timely manner, I gave him ample time to make it good. My character has spoken for itself...something I take pride in. I have yet to lie about anything, unlike the seller. I feel I'm trustworthy, unlike the seller. If he wants to maintain his character & honor, why can't he refund my money, first? Then I'll return the parts. I'm not the one that's shown myself to be a shyster, he has.

Send it back. If he has not refunded your money plus shipping as offered in this thead WITHIN TWO WEEKS of delivery back to him... I will send you the $135 plus your shipping.. make sure you require signature for delivery. Does not seem you guys are going to work it out any other way

...and be reasonable on shipping. Don't send it priority overnight with a bunch of lead in the box either.. Seller said he got it shipped for $30 so that is what I am thinking here..

Dispute is one thing... Would rather get back to talking car shit lol.. :beer:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back