Looking to buy a New Touchscreen radio to change my shaker 1k unit

08gtbullitt151

forum member
Reaction score
I used a Bluetooth obd2 dongle I got from Amazon and works flawlessly.
Sorry, I meant does it show up on your touch screen, I have the same app and dongle. Does it show the info on the stereo?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

tightwhite08

Reaction score
Android 5.1.1 headunit with built in faceplate to fit our cars almost perfectly. I say almost because it's no flush but all round fits good.

c9163e2262d96bbf13fb4f4e41574186.jpg

I bought it here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291847178702

I like how this looks. Link says fits 2010 but I assume it'll also fit my 08 Shaker 500 too. Did u add an amp?

tightwhite08

Reaction score
Yes it will fit. My car is 07 with Shaker 500.

On its way! I have read a couple places that a different harness is needed to get the amps/subs in the shaker 500 to work correctly. Any issues with sound quality or subs/amps?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Well you need a 5v regulator for the shaker amps or it's gonna make a loud pop everytime you start the car.

Mine came with a prewired harness already so it was straight up plug and play. The only thing I did need to tap was the dimmer wire which I teed off the wire from the info/setup/reset switch.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head it was the white with orange stripe.

tightwhite08

Reaction score
Well you need a 5v regulator for the shaker amps or it's gonna make a loud pop everytime you start the car.

Mine came with a prewired harness already so it was straight up plug and play. The only thing I did need to tap was the dimmer wire which I teed off the wire from the info/setup/reset switch.

Got the install started today and all went will with the supplied harnesses. One question, did you connect the OEM radio antenna to the HU? I see the tiny antenna the HU comes with but can't imagine it picks up any decent signal. Looking at the metra 40-cr10.

Besides that waiting on 12v-5v regulator and all should be good. A lot of extra wires on the xtrons but I think its just extra for supported options I am not using.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I think I had an extender or an adapter already installed from a previous headunit so I may have overlooked that part.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Do you know what dash adapter you used for the install? I was thinking that the Metra 99-5807 should fit the XTRON, Pumpkin or JOYING units.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
My Xtron unit doesn't need any dash kits. It's made to fit the opening and reused the shaker brackets.

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
How is the performance of this unit. I am looking at the new Android 6 units with 2/32gb memory and octa-core processor instead of this one, cause I just want to future proof it.

If I new that the Xtron For unit would be upgradable via a proc replacement card, I would jump on it now. It looks like your unit has the Rockchip PX3 proc and I recently saw a video about a new PX5 replacement card that is just plug and play and will upgrade your unit. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer if the public will be able to purchase this card or not.

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
Metra 99-5812 is the double din kit you want, but it will not fit any of the mentioned Android HU without modifications. These Chinese HU's are bigger the north American double din standards, so you will need to modify the kit a little, so the HU site perfectly.

Do you know what dash adapter you used for the install? I was thinking that the Metra 99-5807 should fit the XTRON, Pumpkin or JOYING units.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Metra 99-5812 is the double din kit you want, but it will not fit any of the mentioned Android HU without modifications. These Chinese HU's are bigger the north American double din standards, so you will need to modify the kit a little, so the HU site perfectly.
Thanks SeanD. I figured it wouod need some finessing.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Any more installs with pics and tips? My pioneer unit just went out so I ordered this one from Amazon. Really nervous about a Chinese made stereo. I am replacing an aftermarket pioneer unit so I don’t have the brackets from the shaker for install. Just want to see what others had to do to make it work.

Android 7.1 2GB RAM Fit Ford F150 F250/350/Edge/Fusion/Mustang In Dash DVD Player GPS Navigation Stereo Radio BT Steering Wheel Ctrl Wifi Support 4G DVR TV DAB+TPMS Amazon.com: Android 7.1 2GB RAM Fit Ford F150 F250/350/Edge/Fusion/Mustang In Dash DVD Player GPS Navigation Stereo Radio BT Steering Wheel Ctrl Wifi Support 4G DVR TV DAB+TPMS: Car Electronics

Last edited:

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Installed it this evening. 1 word. Disappointed. I like the way it looks in the dash and the hookup was pretty easy. Once I booted it up is when I found my disappointment. Interface isn’t as responsive as I expected and it takes multiple attempts to get the small touch points on top to register. Very difficult to swipe and scroll without it selecting an item. Integration with iPhone and Apple Music is awful. No album artwork. The mirror function doesn’t work at all. Looks like I will be looking at different option.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back