Post your garage

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
How are those max Jacks working out for you?

They are nice and simple, but in hind sight I probably would have went with a standard 9 ft lift. I had to put 4X4 on each post to get my transmission jack out with the tranny on it ... I didn't think I would have the ceiling height but it turned out that I did.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
here's a few shots

not quite done yet ...

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
here's a few shots

not quite done yet ...

Nice! I'm curious how your house is setup. Is that a window behind your bench? Seems low and with the angle of the roof, is your garage on a hill and the rest of the house is lower?

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
yes it's a window

I bought some "frost" spray to make the glass look like it's frosted so I still get some benefit from outside light, but nosey neighbors can't see in.

Here's an older pic - we live in a Condo - my garage is on the right hand side.

That's my Wife's 1971 Olds Cutlass "SX" Convertible (1 of 357) ... 455 powered ... she's 2nd owner since '74

Last edited:

Paulluap

forum member
Reaction score
My Shed - Need to get rid of some junk - I mean treasure. :happythumbs:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150605_124230.jpg
    20150605_124230.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150605_123902.jpg
    20150605_123902.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 128

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I assume that those bins off to the side are to organize your bolts, nuts, etc? I need to do something like that the old coffee can isn't cutting it anymore.

32vsnake

Reaction score
I assume that those bins off to the side are to organize your bolts, nuts, etc? I need to do something like that the old coffee can isn't cutting it anymore.

That and other small misc stuff... got it from Costco a couple of years ago

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Dont attempt this while on drugs

So, last year I completed a whole house remodel. About 6 weeks ago I had my left knee replaced so while I am sitting home loaded on Oxy's and access to the internet and some spaces on my credit card I decided to finally make the start of what will be my man cave. My garage is a mess and I am not able to park the Mustang in it anymore. I sold my Triumph Rocket a few months ago to free up some space but it wasnt enough. Began the purge of 27 years of accumulated crap from the garage and laid out plans for its upgrade. Since storage, or lack of it was an issue I ordered the cabinet system in the link, which should arrive this week.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/NewAge-P...-Cabinet-Set-in-Gray-10-Piece-50102/206827773

I also ordered a POD to be dropped in my driveway so I can clean out the garage and get started. 1st order of business is the ceiling. I had popcorn ceilings in my house replaced with a knock down texture so I decided to do the same in the garage, That will happen next week, followed by a full wall repaint of light gray. After that is done I will have the floor finished with a full flake epoxy coating in pewter/black. When all is dry the new cabinets will be installed. Just about all of the loose items that I am keeping will fit in the cabinets, freeing up much needed space to get the Mustang back in. I also ordered my first wall hanging, a neon Mustang clock. I will add neon and/or signs as I come across them. A 42" tv will be hung and the right seating will eventually be added.
Before and after pics will follow.:rich:
I know, the bike pictured wasnt a Rocket. That was a previous bike but the clutter was still the same.

Attachments

• DSCF0134.jpg
    DSCF0134.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
My garage is near enough done I can post some pics. it about 24x24', standard 2 car.

built a tire rack for half my tires. the rest are in shed storage.

added a ton of lighting. went from about 120W incandescant to LED (1000W incandescant equivalent)

42" International tool chest.

trailer hitch mount for the vice, inluding secound mount underneath to store it.

Utility sink, including fancy laminate floor backsplash

Almost complete.
peg board, walls painted, painted bench. Just need to hang some decorations/posters/ etc.

Down the one side is all storage.

Also, in the driveway added a metal halide flood light (on a separate switch) in case i need to do any work in the driveway.
AKA my piss off the neighbors light.

Last edited:

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
really like the trailer hitch receivers for the vise mounting, might have to borrow that one.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
trailer hitch mount for the vice, inluding secound mount underneath to store it.

I also really like this idea. I have thought about putting my vise on a swing arm and having it swing down out of the way and then up. Depending on how you mount it, you might even be able to counter weight it.

My garage is just a 30x60 pole barn. Nothing exciting. I have ideas and plans, but we have lived here for nearly 4 years now and I have not bought one thing to move toward any of those ideas. I should change that.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back