Let's discuss not getting "instant-E-mail-Notices" guys

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

There has to be on this internet site some computer wizards I am thinking.

Let me state my situation and see if any of you have had or experienced similar situations.

I have used AOL for my mail for years upon years.

Well some months back all of a sudden I stop getting the "instant e-mail-" notifications on my AOL Mail Account.

Keep in mind I have used AOL for probably 25 years or maybe more.

I called them like maybe 6 to 8 times total and there technical support is from like Romania.

And of course other Countries but definitely not the USA !!!

Time after time and person after person looks at all the AOL settings for my account and nothing at all is Blocked.

A few times back I did get a lady and she got on my computer with me so we could both look at everything regarding AOL Mail and it's settings.
She said Terry, I think I might see what could be causing your issue.
You have in your Old, Sent, recently deleted folders thousands of files.
Sure enough I had like 20K plus files on my Old folder, 16K in the Sent folder and plus 20K in my recently Deleted folder.
She said we need to (Permanently) Delete all those so they are not tying up your AOL Mail.
Guys, keep in mind I'm in No-Way a computer person, just an End-User.
So that did seem like it might possibly make sense so it took me a very-very long time to finally (Permanently) Delete everything.
But I did get it done ...........
She also went in on her end and did a total (Reset) of my AOL Mail account.
(That might not be the correct terminology but you guys know what I'm referring to I think)

So I was suppose to wait for at least an hour before getting into (Permanently) Deleting all those individual Folders.

I actually waited at a minimum three hours just to make sure.

Well I did that and not one thing changed in regards to getting the "instant e-mail notices" from S197 as well as AVS.

The first internet site that stopped was S197.
The 2nd one that stopped was AVS.

So I waited until the next day and turned on the computer in the hope that I would once again see E-Mail notices from S197 as well as AVS (Audio Video Science).
No such luck .......

I call back once again to AOL Tech support and this time I have not a clue as to what Country I was connected to.
It was not easy to understand the girl at all.
So much background from the other techs that I imagine are right on top one another.

Once again I made the attempt to totally explain that I had been getting these E-Mail notices for years upon years and all of a sudden they had just completely stopped.

I also made the attempt to say, lady it makes no sense that I'm the only one not getting these as they are actually an (Automatic) process.
They are not controlled by an individual.
I said do you really think that the computer from those web sites just picked me out and stopped sending me those e-Mail Notices ???
I said that is simply crazy ........

I also told her that I had the Owner as well as one of the Administrators go in and check all the settings that control that function and all of them were correct.

So I then said you know what I'm going to do .......
I'm also a client of AT&T here in the USA.
I'm going to go in and change my E-Mail over to the AT&T and see what happens.
If I instantly start getting those E-Mail notices it tells me it's on your end not on those individual Web Sites.
I have only changed two of the Web Sites over to my AT&T E-Mail address.

So you guys that really know computers and things like what I have described above what the heck is really going on ???

I should have said once I went in and changed over to my AT&T E-Mail on both S197 as well as AVS I received those "instant e-mail notices" again.

I just don't get it but then I don't really know anything about how all this interacts with one another.

If any of you are the Computer Wizards jump on this so maybe not just me but others might also learn what's really going on.

Terry

Here is a picture of my screen and you can see once again here are the e-mail notices.

I don't understand this at all.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you asked AOL to white list both sites? They maybe be blocking the emails before they even get to your inbox. Also, get off AOL. I'm surprised they are still even operating.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you asked AOL to white list both sites? They maybe be blocking the emails before they even get to your inbox. Also, get off AOL. I'm surprised they are still even operating.

The reason I have not completely got off AOL is because I've been on it for so many years now all the people I've been in contact with have that E-Mail Address.

If it was not for that it would have been gone a long time ago.

Gmail ftw.
AOL lol

AOL does seem to be a damn Disaster !!!

Terry

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
You may be able to forward all emails to a new email until the old addresses are updated

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
2-3 years ago I began having issues with my Earthlink email addresses (I had three all under the same account). Google began blocking all of my outgoing emails as spam, so I could receive email but couldn't send email to anyone with a gmail address or routed through a Google server. So I got a gmail account and forwarded all my other email accounts to the new gmail address.

I have not dealt with Earthlink for almost 3 years now but my email accounts there still work and I still get the occasional email forwarded. Old email accounts never die. You can begin using a new gmail account and still keep your AOL account until AOL goes out of business, and I bet it would still work after that.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You may be able to forward all emails to a new email until the old addresses are updated

2-3 years ago I began having issues with my Earthlink email addresses (I had three all under the same account). Google began blocking all of my outgoing emails as spam, so I could receive email but couldn't send email to anyone with a gmail address or routed through a Google server. So I got a gmail account and forwarded all my other email accounts to the new gmail address.

I have not dealt with Earthlink for almost 3 years now but my email accounts there still work and I still get the occasional email forwarded. Old email accounts never die. You can begin using a new gmail account and still keep your AOL account until AOL goes out of business, and I bet it would still work after that.

Thanks guys I'm sure not an expert on cars but compared to my knowledge on computers I would be Einstein on cars.

AOL is a major pain in the ass and there support is pitiful.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Up-Date on this discussion guys ...

Hello,

Here is an Up-Date on this discussion guys.

For those that take the time to read what I'm going to type it might just help you in the future.

(1) 1st time the instant notices stopped was with AOL.

(2) 2nd time they stopped was with AT&T on July 25th 2017.

(3) I decided to once again go to another New E-Mail provider G Mail.

So here is how it went guys.
for whatever reason the notices completely stopped ONLY from this Internet Site with both the above E-Mail providers.
I called tech support with both companies and even went to what they call advanced tech support.
Both times the exact same thing was told to me.
There is nothing we can change as there is Nothing-Blocking your Account with us.
I came here the 1st time as you can read the post above.
Nothing on this end had been changed and no settings were incorrect so the notices should have been working.

Then all of a sudden the AT&T stopped working totally.

So yesterday after numerous conversations with tech support at AT&T I decided to try something.
I sent an E-Mail from this site to my AOL account and also the AT&T account.
Neither one of those E-Mails came through !!!

So I thought I'm going to set-up G Mail and try the exact same thing from this site.
Changed my E-Mail over to the G Mail and instantly came the E-Mail notification from S197 about the change.

Guys, Admins, Shaggy,

Something is happening with this site because every other Mustang, Audio Video Forum I'm on works perfect and has since back in 2008 until now.
Why after some months go by that this happens I have no idea at all but something with this specific internet site causes the {instant-E-Mail Notices} to stop.
And once they stop they never start back and calling tech support I promise you will only piss you off as it's not on that end.

Terry

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I only get pm notices on my email and some quotes and pm updates on my email but through tapatalk, which I dont use anymore. I cant stand the way its set up. Anyway good luck fixing the problem. If there is a solution Id use it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I only get pm notices on my email and some quotes and pm updates on my email but through tapatalk, which I dont use anymore. I cant stand the way its set up. Anyway good luck fixing the problem. If there is a solution Id use it.

Well in my case I an now on the third E-Mail provider and using it only for S197.
So if they stop again from this site I'm out of E-Mail providers.

It really makes no sense at all and it makes no sense to the Tech support people either.
And when I say I talked with several of them that's an under statement.
I have been on the phone many-many times for hours and when all was said and done I was exactly where I was before making the call to Tech Support.

This is the only internet site that has done that !!!

Terry

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry Terry. I wish there was something I can do, but I have all the correct email validations on my domain name that should make the email providers know that emails from this site are not apart of a spam site. I have done everything I could, even outsourcing to a top notch email company rather then emailing off my server. It shows all the stats, from users getting the email, opening it and also clicking on the links. Shows my emails have been delivered at 95%. Hopefully your not one of the 5%.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just checked and found your email has been delivered several times today and you opened and clicked on one of those emails today to. Are you getting them now?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry Terry. I wish there was something I can do, but I have all the correct email validations on my domain name that should make the email providers know that emails from this site are not apart of a spam site. I have done everything I could, even outsourcing to a top notch email company rather then emailing off my server. It shows all the stats, from users getting the email, opening it and also clicking on the links. Shows my emails have been delivered at 95%. Hopefully your not one of the 5%.

I just checked and found your email has been delivered several times today and you opened and clicked on one of those emails today to. Are you getting them now?
Shaggy (Bryan),

Yes I am getting the "instant-E-Mail notices" again from S197 once I changed on this site my E-Mail to G Mail.

I hope it keeps working as it is now and it started back working instantly once I changed over to G Mail.

I am only using G Mail Bryan for this specific internet site.
So hopefully things will continue to work as they are right now.

If they stop again I am out of E-Mail Carriers to try ............

Thanks,
Terry

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shaggy (Bryan),

Yes I am getting the "instant-E-Mail notices" again from S197 once I changed on this site my E-Mail to G Mail.

I hope it keeps working as it is now and it started back working instantly once I changed over to G Mail.

I am only using G Mail Bryan for this specific internet site.
So hopefully things will continue to work as they are right now.

If they stop again I am out of E-Mail Carriers to try ............

Thanks,
Terry

What other email providers have you used besides AOL?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What other email providers have you used besides AOL?
I use three (3) E-Mail providers buddy.

AOL for the Bullitt Mustang Internet Site.
And also for the Hellcat Internet site.
Also for Audio Aficionado Internet Site.
And for all other Mustang Internet Sites I am a member on.

AT&T for the AVS (Audio Video Science) Internet Site.

G Mail now for only S197 Internet site.

Terry

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back