Any movie buffs or movie goers?

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
Indeed - if you liked 1 you'll like 2. Although the music isn't quite as good (elo, Fleetwood Mac and the sweet excepted!!)

JimC

Reaction score
I took 2 of the grandkids to see Guardians 2 last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it Of course since it is a Marvel product we stayed through the credits - anyone who ever had a teenager in the house can appreciate the one scene they had during the credits.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Saw the 20th anniversary showing of The Fifth Element yesterday. Seen it about a million times, but never on the big screen, very awesome.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Finally saw the first Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend. Thought it was great.

I am very excited for Alien Covenant.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I have heard very mixed reviews on Alien. Either people loved it, or found it very disappointing.

Hopefully they did a better job of setting things up and revealing what the engineers were than they did in Prometheus. I know it's supposed to be that way, but the "horror" aspect actually just annoys me. I'd rather see more pure sci-fi with background. I think it has an awesome idea.....but so far poor execution.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Saw Alien over the long weekend. I can't tell if I liked it or thought it was a disappointment. I enjoyed it more than Prometheus, but it wasn't up to par with Alien or Aliens. It had some very interesting ideas in it, but at the same time IMO they didn't execute those ideas well enough. They left it open for one more film before leading into Alien, but IMO a whole film isn't needed. But then again if they had tried to get that connection in it might have made the movie to long.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Saw Alien Covenant a week ago. I liked it but my wife kept asking me wtf was going on and I kept tellin her to be quiet and watch the movie. Lol! Saw GG2 last nite with my son. Enjoyed it (Drax was hilarious) but I still like the first one better. Can't wait for Thor and the next Star Wars movie.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hated Prometheus so bad....I was literally pissed when I walked out (after watching at home a few times I got better) ,,,, I just can't help myself with any "Alien" movies. So I saw the new two days ago, and expected it to be cringy at times.....but my GOD, some of the creepy David scenes were just epic. I loved it. Absolutely loved DAvids performance in this movie. He is like Senator Palpatine of the crappy new star wars......to me he makes the move.

Rm

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Prometheus pissed me off because I thought Charlize was going to be the star of the movie. Mmmm, love me some Charlize.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw GofG2 and all though I thought it was good, it was NOT as good as the first.

Saw Wonder Woman today -- I liked it a lot. Very good movie. Great chemistry between Pine and Gadot. And of course Gal Gadot.....:love62:

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw the new Alien. Going into it with low expectations made for a grreat freaken cinematic experience.

Rm

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Went and saw IT over the weekend. I have mixed feelings on the movie. The original one from the 90s, I find very creepy and well scary. (also could be bc I was very young when I saw it lol and clowns creep me out).

So after hearing how well made IT was, how well acted and just that it was one of the best horror movies made lately I had to check it out.

It was well made, and I thought it was very well acted. But, I don't know if I had to high of expectations, but overall I thought the movie was just so so. Parts of the movie felt rushed, while others seemed to drag on. There were plenty of scenes that had a great scare factor, and some really creepy scenes but relied to much on jump scares.

Perhaps my biggest problem was with the way the portrayed Pennywise (IT). IMO they tried to make the clown to creepy all the time. His appearance throughout the whole movie looked like a creepy clown. I think what made the original clown creepier, is that he looked like a regular clown. Now at the same time though the actor who played Pennywise did some really great stuff in some scenes that were just flat out spooky.

So overall very mixed feelings on IT. Parts of it were done very well, other parts not so much. Liked and disliked the portrayal of Pennywise at the same time lol. If you like horror flicks, or Stephen King I would check it out.

Old Goat Ninja

Reaction score
I saw IT over the weekend too, at the request of my 12 year old daughter (all the other kids at school were talking about it apparently).

I've read the book long ago, saw the 90's movie, and now this one. I have to say, I thought the new one was well made. Having my 12 year old daughter with me, and then remembering more about the book as movie went on, I was glad a lot of stuff was kept out. Some of it was implied, but I don't think my daughter completely caught on, so that was good.

I thought the guy that played Pennywise did an excellent job. He nailed it.

I think most of the kids in that movie are going to make it in Hollywood. Good to great acting all around I thought. A lot of them I've seen before, but couldn't place where. Guessing small roles here and there.

I kind of wish they modernized it, taking place now instead of then, but I guess they wanted to stay more true to the book. Stephen King probably wouldn't allow it. I think it'd be cool if Pennywise lived, and now they've come back, 27 years later. Or their kids all ended up there, by fate or some crap lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back