Anyone done a 4l80e swap?

Devcon 7

forum member
Reaction score
Have a 10 gt500, and thinking I want to go fast. I can get a built 4l80 fairly reasonable from a friend but wondering what all it takes? Read that it fits with "light massaging" but would like to talk to someone thats done the swap.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
My friend Steve Erickson has in his '07. He added a manual valve body and didn't even need a retune. Just went 8.8 a couple weekends ago after minimal testing. Are you a member on SVTP?

Devcon 7

forum member
Reaction score
Yes sir, am a member on svtp. Do you know what he gave for the bell housing? Ill also be running a fmvb, also looking at 4r70. Does he like his?

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Yes sir, am a member on svtp. Do you know what he gave for the bell housing? Ill also be running a fmvb, also looking at 4r70. Does he like his?

Loves it. They did have to beat the trans tunnel a bit to make room to fit it all, but I don't know what all he did money wise. Serickson1 is his username over there if you want to send him a PM about it.

Devcon 7

forum member
Reaction score
Building a 4r70w is going to be the most cost effective route for 700 and under hp. Thank you for all the information guys!

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Can always do a th400 i have half of the cost of the 4r i was going to build. Plus the th400 holds alot more power compared to the 4r i was going to build!

Devcon 7

forum member
Reaction score
Can always do a th400 i have half of the cost of the 4r i was going to build. Plus the th400 holds alot more power compared to the 4r i was going to build!

That was also another option but I really want overdrive unfortunately

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
How about a 700r4?

I have broken 700r4s on stock 305s. In my 3rd gen F-body days I replaced 4 or them. One of them was built behind a stock block carbed and sprayed 350. Another was behind a 400 truck motor with smog heads and cam. Still couldn't hold.

you can set them up for off road and mediocre towing.

But for just about anybody on this page look elsewhere.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to hear about people doing a 4R100. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to go pioneering with that.

SNAKE08

forum member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to hear about people doing a 4R100. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to go pioneering with that.

4r100 here and love it !

BTS in Lead Hill AR can give you the info you need. He has the whole kit available..

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I had an 03 Lightning with ported stock blower, pullied to the max with 150 shot on top of that, and I can say that that 4R100 trans with a cheap stall converter, and aftermarket valve body was a very tough trans to say the least. I must have launched that 4700+# truck 200 times on slicks and performed flawlessly every time down the track

Tuco63

Reaction score
I used to run a FB 4R70W - excellent transmission. I didn't want to give up OD, either. Fast streetcar, not a race car :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back