2018 Bullitt Mustang

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The previous models are nice but don't ya think this has been over-played??

They will easily sell them all. Double that for a Mach 1 with ay kind of performance boost.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the 08-09 Bullitt but to me this looks like a long BMW. The 08-09 had a strong lineage to the original. It was still a muscle car, not a pretender BMW like the current Mustang.

I guess I just said it out loud internet style. More than likely I'm becoming a grumpy old man lost in the recent past, lol.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
A Bullitt or a Mach 1 or both will be nice.

I think a Mach 1 would need a new Road Runner engine so be different enough like new edges got the 4v 4.6L. Doubt Ford will do that but a new Bullitt could work. Come from the factory with the coyote but GT350 intake manifold, CAI, throttle body. Then some unique S550 panels. That I think that would work well.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the 08-09 Bullitt but to me this looks like a long BMW. The 08-09 had a strong lineage to the original. It was still a muscle car, not a pretender BMW like the current Mustang.

I guess I just said it out loud internet style. More than likely I'm becoming a grumpy old man lost in the recent past, lol.

You're not alone Bruce :cool:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The more specialty models the better, I say! Give me regular ole GT, a Mach 1, a Boss, a Bullitt, a Cobra, a GT350, AND a GT500!

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the 08-09 Bullitt but to me this looks like a long BMW. The 08-09 had a strong lineage to the original.

There should be no Bullitt after the 08-09 version, it was close to perfect and I think it is time to retire it.

To me it is time to come out with new names for special editions. The car is supposed to be more worldly, maybe it is time to retire the muscle car names?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed ! The Bullitt was already brought back twice, first on the SN-95 platform and once again on the S197.. As previously mentioned, the 08-09's were closest to the original 68.. If Ford on the other hand wants to revive another past variant, then resurrect the Mach 1.. It's been 13 years since the last production model was in existence on the SN-95 platform..

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
They can't come out with a new Bullitt...I don't have the cash and/or garage space to get one. :(

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I'm ready. Take my money.

If the grille is matte and blacked out that's definitely an improvement over the 2018's glossy grille.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A live axle MACH 1 with the expected power bump would be the shit!

46addict

Reaction score

Road Runner engine as in S197 Boss302 engine. The special edition New Edge cars got a 4v 4.6 so it would make sense to release the new Bullitt with a special engine. A 5.0 with Ecoboost features would be neat.

In addition Ford needs to continue production of the S550 Cobra Jet and make an NHRA & street legal version to one up the Dodge Demon. But that's just wishful thinking. Probably none of this makes sense from a business cost standpoint.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Demon has shown that power is little more than a power adder for any given engine from giving you any hp/torque number you want.

We may be reaching "peak engine". The point at which no further significant developments are made. I think all we will see going forward is a steady march forward with small efficiency gains.

Look at the 2.3 Ecoboost. 310hp & 320 ft-lbs. It's basically on par with the final generation of the 4.6 3V. At art throttle and cruise it's more efficient.

The 2.7 EB in the F150 is more powerful and has a more useful torque curve than my 2007 5.4 3V. Better everyday fuel economy too.

Take a look around the automotive world. The V8 is going extinct. Ford has a V8 in one car and the F-series trucks. And the 3.5 EB is cutting into the V8 sales big time. I wouldn't be surprised if the V8 was gone in 10-15 years if not sooner.

46addict

Reaction score
I get that engines are getting smaller and more efficient. A bigger engine isn't what's on my wish list. Just something that can top the 9.6 second quarter mile time that the Demon posted, so that when we hit "peak engine" and "peak muscle car" a Ford vehicle can go down as the final car from Detroit to go 9s from the factory. It doesn't matter if they use a 3.5 Ecoboost or a 5.0 Ecoboost. Knowing what Ecoboost technology has done for the 4 & 6 cylinder engines, using the same ideas on a V8 would produce amazing results I'm sure.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Knowing what Ecoboost technology has done for the 4 & 6 cylinder engines, using the same ideas on a V8 would produce amazing results I'm sure.

I was just lamenting the impending demise of the V8.

But yeah the Ecoboost tech applied to the 5.0 would be awesome. There was speculation of a slightly smaller DOHC V8 being built in the Canada plant that builds the 5.0 a few months back. You could search it if curious.

I took a guess and thought that the 4.6 bore with the 5.0 stroke might be the same size as was talked about and it was. I suspect that a small bore DOHC Ecoboost V8 will be made there for the Super Duty line. Diesel like power from regular gas. There is a large market for that.

I would like to see the Raptor 3.5 in a Special Edition Mustang. Actually I would like to see the regular F150 3.5 EB retuned and setup for the Mustang.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I was just lamenting the impending demise of the V8.

thats because of obama and enviro liberals, But now we have Trump and he will make v8's great again :clap:

it will be a sad day if v8s went with the dodo birds.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back