March 2013 Car of the Month: Sherrod Mustang

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Joe, as he is bringing back COTM for us in March of 2013!

While some believe that less is more, Sherrod Mustang couldn't just leave his car alone! Far from a sleeper, Joe has taken his 2008 Grabber Orange Mustang from a dime-a-dozen muscle car, and turned it into what it is today!

Powered by a Kenne Bell 2.8L Mammoth supercharged B302 Stroker with Livernois Stage 2 Heads and Comp Cams, Joe's Sherrod Mustang puts out an impressive 888.4rwhp and 879.7rwtq.

Joe had a few words of his own regarding himself:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Joe Roberts (SherrodMustang) and I'am 32 years old and live in Montgomery, Alabama. I am married (Jenna) and work for the Montgomery Police Department for five years now. Not something I have spoke about a lot on the forum or share with everybody on here. Proud to serve under the thin blue line and really enjoy the work that I do everyday.. mostly.. lol.

It has its days!

My hobbies have all ways been cars. Every since I became old enough to drive and have my own money in my hands.. I have customized cars. I have owned numerous cars, trucks and jeeps over the years and really enjoyed everyone of them in there own way.

Some of my jeeps.

1039_zpsb47220d9.jpg

1009_zps4402a517.jpg

My current car I purchased in 2009 as a conversion from Sherrod. It is a 2008 Ford Mustang GT with tons of aftermarket parts on it as it stands. It didnt start out that way when I picked up from a local used car lot. When I bought it the car had no more than some rims, ground effects and a shaker cold air intake on it. It has came along way since then and had many different roles over the years. From my daily driver to the garage queen it is now.. LOL

I truely love the car and not sure if I will every sell it or get rid of it at this point. To much of my time, sweat and blood have been poured into the car....Not to forget money! It has really grown to be a part of me and who I am at this point...

Thanks S197FORUM.com :thumb2:

Mod List:

2008 Ford Mustang GT (Sherrod Conversion)

Engine:

B302 Stroker
CP Pistons 9.5:1
Manley Billet I-Beam Rods
Forged Kellogg Crank
Livernois Stage 2 Heads
Comp Cams 127350's

Transmission/Rear End:

TR6060 6-speed
McLeod RXT Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Driveshaft
4.10 Gears
Moser 31 Axles
Tru-Trac

Forced Induction/Fuel:

Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth
ST Motorsport stand alone belt system (10rib)
ID2000 Injectors
Retrun style fuel system (under reconstruction right now)

Suspension/Rims/Brakes:

Air Lift Performance (Air Ride)
Wilwood Big Brakes (6 piston front and 4 rear)
BMR Anti Roll-Bar and supporting components
Kinesis 18" rims all around
225's up front and 345"s out back

I also have tons of painted and body parts inside and out in the car. Way to many things to list and would forget something or overlook something else. Always a work in progress and has had many different stages over the course of the years I have had the car.

JoeR3-1.jpg

JoeR5-1.jpg

P5260005.jpg

P5260006.jpg

JoeR9.jpg

IMG_20130105_170017.jpg

DynoRun1-28-2012.jpg

A few pics from the old Saleen Supershaker Build:

P1050092.jpg

P1080093.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Congrats, bud! Just don't bring that thing up here to Huntsville. You'll make me look bad!

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats Joe.....Well deserved....and are you going to try and make it up the the Town and Country Ford Show in April again this year???

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Congrats on a build well-done!

How the hell did you wind up with a negative correction factor?? Does that mean they took away HP from your final numbers? Are you below sea level? Either way, it's cool as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back