CAD users?

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone on here do 3D CAD and solid modeling? I started out on Solidworks at the beginning of the year. So far I love it and also working on my engineering degree.

Any of you build your own little projects for fun? I've just finished a centrifugal supercharger and now working on multiple muffler designs that I will use on my 06 3 valve to test out and I've also modeled an AR-15 lower for my wife, did a skeltonized version for it. Should be nice when all done. Will take some time though. But I've taken a massive interest in mufflers and exhaust since I've been playing around with my 3 valves exhaust.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
In school I learned Solidworks and AutoCAD. Built a parking garage in class with AutoCAD, but since then I never had the opportunity to touch either again

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps if I had a CNC machine or a 3D printer then I could make some fun stuff. But, other than that I'd have to completely change careers to use either.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use CAD every day at work, but it's all survey/pipeline stuff so the 3D stuff is generally limited to surfaces, 3D polylines and survey points. I feel like I went through school right before a lot of the 3D stuff was getting big so my exposure to it was pretty limited- although I really wouldn't use it for my job anyway.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I use CAD every day at work, but it's all survey/pipeline stuff so the 3D stuff is generally limited to surfaces, 3D polylines and survey points. I feel like I went through school right before a lot of the 3D stuff was getting big so my exposure to it was pretty limited- although I really wouldn't use it for my job anyway.

Yeah, now all the high schools have CAD. Never knew what I wanted to do then anyways so I joined the Army did my active time came back and got into law enforcement since I needed a job and the opportunity was there and was just looking at degrees and engineering is something thats always interested me and so now I'm back in school getting my engineering degree and met some guys who used CAD in their engineering fields and I fell in love with it. It's so much fun to me. I've built a centrifugal supercharger and some different mufflers in class that I want to test out on my 3 valve. But I recently just came across a great opportunity working as a 3D drafter/designer at an aviation company and is a plus I was in the aviation field in the army as a helicopter engine mechanic. I hate my current job lol, so I'm really hoping this job opportunity pans out and can finally start getting more experience and moving forward in my new career path.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back