05-10 V6 Turbo Kit

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I have checked into modding a 6 before (have an 8, I just like bench racing obscure and niche projects sometimes) and have found that the mains and head gasket area are the weaknesses of the motor when power gets up.

I know you said the turbo was good to 700hp, but how hard have you actually pushed a 4.0?

just curiouse

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont have a 4.0 so I havent ran one hard... lol Yes that turbo to rated to 700hp so at 300-400hp it will be well within its efficiencey range and if you wanna turn it up later you can easily.

Check out the mustang collective there are alot of boosted v6 guys/gals over there if you wanna do some research. Some running 400rwhp+ the weak links they identified when going above 10psi are the valve springs, 7.5 rear, and stock clucth and t5 trans. There are lots of guys running 10psi with xchargers, centris and turbo's on the otherwise stock motor.

Last edited:

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
How about I drive back down to the Charlotte area and let you install it and let you take as many pictures as you want.. LoL... to many mine is so high mileage I wouldn't wana risk it.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your in the virginia area we can do installation as well. Pm for details.

JimC

Reaction score
I have checked into modding a 6 before (have an 8, I just like bench racing obscure and niche projects sometimes) and have found that the mains and head gasket area are the weaknesses of the motor when power gets up.

I know you said the turbo was good to 700hp, but how hard have you actually pushed a 4.0?

just curiouse

I dont have a 4.0 so I havent ran one hard... lol Yes that turbo to rated to 700hp so at 300-400hp it will be well within its efficiencey range and if you wanna turn it up later you can easily.

Check out the mustang collective there are alot of boosted v6 guys/gals over there if you wanna do some research. Some running 400rwhp+ the weak links they identified when going above 10psi are the valve springs, 7.5 rear, and stock clucth and t5 trans. There are lots of guys running 10psi with xchargers, centris and turbo's on the otherwise stock motor.

I'm one of the Xchargers - running 12lbs of boost, went to the track last weekend with 201,000+ miles on the car and still ran 12's. Nothing done to the bottom or top ends of this engine.

Now - how about getting a kit for the new 3.7L V6 LOL. Mine is on order, selling the 2006 with the Xcharger. Since the Xcharger won't fit the new car I decided to go turbo this time.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Jim, we have our eyes set on the new 3.7 v6, just nothing soon, now that the 4.0 v6 kit is out, all the focus is on the kit for the coyote first.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Jim, we have our eyes set on the new 3.7 v6, just nothing soon, now that the 4.0 v6 kit is out, all the focus is on the kit for the coyote first.

I have a 4.0 and a GT in the garage. Soon to be joined by a GT500 but I might be interested in giving the sixer a little boost. Nothing to much though, maybe 300 hp. Wife's car, 300 hp will be plenty.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back