Tune's and o2's

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Harley Davidson paid $15 million fine last year for selling their tuners.
Dynojet/Power commander paid $1 million fine.

I'm surprised that the actual PCM calibration is not verified at inspection. Technically, even a tune with all monitors functioning and completing is Illegal emissions wise - unauthorized modification. Just imagine what an EPA approved modified tune would cost!

For example, everything on my fox body was CARB approved for use on pollution controlled vehicles. But the car would fail bad at the sniffer...until I put a chip in the EEC. With my tune, the car would pass the sniffer, yet technically the chip/tune that got the readings down on HC/CO actually made the car emissions non-compliant. Go figure.

Last edited:

46addict

Reaction score
That's why I didn't want to go that route with the defoulers being a "maybe they will work". I've read that if you put some 000 s/s steel wool in there is helps as well. I'm not worried about passing any test as I'm in FL (and am never moving). I'm just concerned with having a CEL.
I have the steel wool in between two non-foulers in my 3v but evidently the computers in the Coyotes are more sensitive to changes in this area so that may be wasted effort for you.

I really wanted to go with VMP as they are in my home state and i'm all about trying to keep my dollars as local as possible. However, their business practices don't work for me, and that's cool. I have no problems how they want to run their business. The other reputable and recommended tuner, Lund, will work for me. So that is the route I am going.
Ken Bjonnes at Power by the Hour/Palm Beach Dyno is based out of Florida and recommended by a lot of people. I am all for supporting local businesses as well so I get where you're coming from. But I think you'll be happy with what Lund can do for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back