Carnage

Jodaddy

Reaction score
I've been around here off and on for a while but figured I'd finally make a post. Here's what a little too much boost on a 3v looks like

Attachments

• IMG_6087.jpg
    IMG_6087.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6108.jpg
    IMG_6108.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6067.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 32

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
honestly.....not the worst we've seen....
doesnt make it suck any less, whats the plan for replacement?
s1B3GvW.jpg

QATR1gM.jpg

FxWn4u0.jpg

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
^^LOL that was actually a buddy of mine, he installed an On3 kit and decided to try and drive it with the stock tune, the above pics are the result. Not sure how much boost but it wasn't much. That happened before he even got past the end of his street

Jodaddy

Reaction score
I believe it was running around 13-14 at peak on 91. But I already have the replacement it's a 4.75L built by MMR with ported heads, cams, and other goodies. I just started tearing down the old engine but progress is slow because this summer heat is terrible

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
^^LOL that was actually a buddy of mine, he installed an On3 kit and decided to try and drive it with the stock tune, the above pics are the result. Not sure how much boost but it wasn't much. That happened before he even got past the end of his street

I posted it to reddit and its been passed around the internet since then, i occasionally see new shares on FB, along with copy/pasted quote of my description of it.

Also Fuck MMR

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
IMO anybody who buys from MMR after all that's been posted about them deserves what they get. I'm past the point of trying to save people from themselves.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhh....brings back such fond memories for me from 5/14/13 lol.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen this story so many times both here and in person, an On3 turbo system and a blown motor, not knocking On3 as it seems the low price of $1889.00 and the ease of installing the system attracts and somehow gets a lot of people $25.00 worth of scrap aluminum.

It's often more than not a result of driving pre-tune and I think that it's due to the person wanting to drive right now and putting off the cost of a handheld and tune for the turbo setup since that's around $800-$900 or half the cost of the system.
The Ons is a very capable system, seen so many make great numbers with a solid tune, great add on to any 3v even with stock internals. But buy the handheld first take it to a local tuner or I'm sure Lito has a great tune ready in which you can be driving in 24hrs or less. The tune and handheld is the priority one and the most important part of the turbo setup, it's a cost that has to be paid before you turn the key. Having a fuel system that's not up to the job would be the next reason I've seen these setups fail.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe it was running around 13-14 at peak on 91. But I already have the replacement it's a 4.75L built by MMR with ported heads, cams, and other goodies. I just started tearing down the old engine but progress is slow because this summer heat is terrible

Good luck

also, 13-14 psi on 91.... SMH

Also Fuck MMR
:party52:

IMO anybody who buys from MMR after all that's been posted about them deserves what they get. I'm past the point of trying to save people from themselves.
seems that the blown motor may have been stock

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
... it's due to the person wanting to drive right now and putting off the cost of a handheld and tune for the turbo setup since that's around $800-$900 or half the cost of the system.

If they can't do everything that needs to get one before they drive, they get what they deserve. Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. Doing your due diligence pays off. Etc, etc, etc...

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
also, 13-14 psi on 91.... SMH

91 can handle 14psi. I'm around 13 on my Eaton. One buddy is at 14psi with his ported Eaton and another is at 15 with his whipple. Generally 17psi is the limit. With PD blowers at least.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Playing with fire IMHO on 91. :2cents:

Jodaddy

Reaction score
Let me explain the mmr purchase. I got a great deal from someone that ran into a financial bind and needed cash time now, so I got the long block for a hell of a deal. Its been ran through by a builder buddy of mine so I'm not worried about it nuking itself.

Also it was a hellion kit and I ran the dog piss out of the car for years so I wasn't really surprised it let go. I'm not heart broken about it, just gave me an excuse to go built. Ill be running e85 this time around so I won't have to worry about 91. The build is taking a lot longer than I wanted (story of everyone's life) since I only want to do it once so the "can't do everything before they drive, they get what they deserve" kinda shit doesn't happen.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back