Another electrical issue please help

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
ohB8dsk.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
A couple of questions, my car was also originally a BKT3 car and Im running the same manual strategy as you are now.

Do you have pin 39 on 175b at the PCM grounded?

Do you have B9 and E10 at C1035B tied together if you car was originally a auto car?

For my reverse lights I used C2280 and tied together pins 26 and 13, then connected the wire from my Quick 6 to both of them.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Also that C175B pin 33 YE/LG is to the power steering pressure switch on our early model cars. I have an 06' wiring diagram manual here. Even some of the wires are different colors on my 05' car.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
A couple of questions, my car was also originally a BKT3 car and Im running the same manual strategy as you are now.

Do you have pin 39 on 175b at the PCM grounded?

Do you have B9 and E10 at C1035B tied together if you car was originally a auto car?

For my reverse lights I used C2280 and tied together pins 26 and 13, then connected the wire from my Quick 6 to both of them.

There he is!! No I don't have #39 grounded on c175b, I'm pretty sure that pin is currently empty, no socket / no wires attached or coming out of the plug at all.

I have B9 and E10 ran through my neutral safety switch on the shifter now, so as long as the shifter is in park or neutral they are essentially tied together.

I'm not too concerned about my reverse lights right now, maybe after I get these DTC's cleared.. thanks a million for your help. How did you ground pin #39 in c175b if there was no socket?

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Also that C175B pin 33 YE/LG is to the power steering pressure switch on our early model cars. I have an 06' wiring diagram manual here. Even some of the wires are different colors on my 05' car.

Well that's why we couldn't find it at c215 (clutch pedal harness) LOL. We've been hunting for treasure with the wrong map!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
There he is!! No I don't have #39 grounded on c175b, I'm pretty sure that pin is currently empty, no socket / no wires attached or coming out of the plug at all.

I have B9 and E10 ran through my neutral safety switch on the shifter now, so as long as the shifter is in park or neutral they are essentially tied together.

I'm not too concerned about my reverse lights right now, maybe after I get these DTC's cleared.. thanks a million for your help. How did you ground pin #39 in c175b if there was no socket?
The pin is in the PCM just no female in the harness. I used one from and old harness I have here. If you need a female pin, I can send you one.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Lito and Billy for clearing this up, so the prints online are mis-marked as 2005 when they are 2007 and up. Not much was making sense trying to wire this up, it would sure be helpful if anyone could post these prints up and add to a sticky as this ones important.

Thanks again Billy and Lito.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Lito and Billy for clearing this up, so the prints online are mis-marked as 2005 when they are 2007 and up. Not much was making sense trying to wire this up, it would sure be helpful if anyone could post these prints up and add to a sticky as this ones important.

Thanks again Billy and Lito.

Wow! So that is what is gong on. I misread earlier what was being said. Thanks for clarifying. Wish now I had not sold my 2005 shop manual set (paper version).

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Wow! So that is what is gong on. I misread earlier what was being said. Thanks for clarifying. Wish now I had not sold my 2005 shop manual set (paper version).

Well I feel relief, and when I get home I'm going to make my wife read this thread so I can prove I'm not senile and in need of a good retirement home that she keeps suggesting.:insane:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well I feel relief, and when I get home I'm going to make my wife read this thread so I can prove I'm not senile and in need of a good retirement home that she keeps suggesting.:insane:

If you want you can PM me your cell and I will text you pics of the pages you want straight from my 06' wiring diagram manual. I have found some minor differences in my 05' and the 05' manual, but nothing big.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Kurt well said! I would have my wife read this thread, but I think it is to late for me as I am pretty sure she is already packing my things for the retirement home! Hope you get your issue resolved in short order.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Kurt well said! I would have my wife read this thread, but I think it is to late for me as I am pretty sure she is already packing my things for the retirement home! Hope you get your issue resolved in short order.

Thanks Scott,

The P0689 Code doesn't want to leave me yet even after rewiring with the correct prints. I bought an OEM Service Manual and Electrical Print hard copy off Amazon, once I have that I'll start comparing the auto and manual prints to see if we can find something that may be throwing us this error code.

And may your wife find a suitcase big enough for that Mustang you plan on taking with you. LOL

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I have an update on this issue, I've been using an SCT X3 for tuning and pulling the DTC's on my car all along. However I ended up picking up an X4 a few weeks ago for a good price (thanks Speedboosted!). Anyhow, after doing all the firmware updates on the X4 and getting it up and running with my car, there are no more DTC's! WTF? Were my DTC codes just some sort of software glitch or issue all along? IDK but I checked several times and there are no DTC's in my car anymore, good riddance!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'm using an X4 now and have the following codes.

P0481
P0581
P0689
P0830
P0340
P0344

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
No, but I've changed a ton of stuff since the x3 and am tuning the new setup with the x4.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Have you checked your alternator lately? And one of those codes is related to the clutch pedal, do you still have that bypassed? That P0689 is the killer though..I did a ton of research when I had that code, I can send some of that stuff to you if you want, just PM or text me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back