Finally a 10 sec pass...

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Been skirting and flirting with 10.9x all summer and finally broke through the barrier tonight. And did so as I wanted. The goal was 10's with the car only needing to swap DR's to street tires and roll to granny's house 4 hours away getting 25MPG. So tonight amidst lightning in the sky, a sudden cool off into the upper 70's and a short rain delay, I made my way to the line with 5/8 tank of 93 octane (no additives), the spare in the trunk, passenger seat in the car, and front sway bar in place and went 10.916 @ 127.5 MPH on a 1.62 60ft. Happy as punch at the moment. slow pass of the night was 11.18, and 11.01.

KxljaG6.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Thank you. I see you are beating against that 9.99 barrier. Best of luck to you getting it there. Photo looks nice coming off the line. that's what I call weight transfer.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Your signature just mentions "a few bolt ons." Any chance you'd share that list of bolt ons and what weight reduction you've done? Or, point me to a thread where you have this info listed? I'd love to apply some of what you've learned to my '14 GT.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Your signature just mentions "a few bolt ons." Any chance you'd share that list of bolt ons and what weight reduction you've done? Or, point me to a thread where you have this info listed? I'd love to apply some of what you've learned to my '14 GT.

PM sent

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ I forgot to mention the window tint. That's a stick on. Sorry for omitting that. i'll fix my sig page for ya.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I was pretty sure that your trap speed indicated more than natural aspiration could provide, but lightweighting can work magic, too, so I had to ask.

My goal for my '14 GT/6R80 has long been to stop modding at 11.50's so I wouldn't have to mess with a rollbar, and I got to my goal. But, now that I've bought a new daily driver, I can turn up the wick on the Mustang a bit. New goal: run high 10's naturally aspirated. I've done boost a few times in the past with prior cars, but I love the challenge of going fast without forced induction.

Congrats again on the 10's! That's a fast car!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back