Hello from northern Norway

Sijaka

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thougth I'd introduce my self and my car.

Bougth my 05 stag a month ago, it has a low milage (16k miles), C&L CAI, bbk shorty headers and magnaflow muffelers.

Went with a mustang as it's my (and my fathers) dream car after owning two mitsubishi's and a f-250sd.

My plans for the car is to upgrade it a little during this winter then just enjoy it as a daily driver.
Suspension is the first to come, next is supercharger and wheels/tires and eventualy I'll make some smal changes in the over all apperance of the car. Not that it's realy needed as there only are one other s197 in my town.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Curious, how many good weather months do you have up there when you can drive the mustang? June - Sept? Are there any drag strips in the area? I know drag racing is pretty big in Sweden, but have no idea about Norway.

On another note, I have always wanted to go to Norway as I am into the outdoors quite a bit and would love to visit.

Sijaka

Reaction score
Curious, how many good weather months do you have up there when you can drive the mustang? June - Sept? Are there any drag strips in the area? I know drag racing is pretty big in Sweden, but have no idea about Norway.

On another note, I have always wanted to go to Norway as I am into the outdoors quite a bit and would love to visit.

For beeing at 69° north it's a suprisingly long season, the snow can be gone in the start of may and wait to fall untill mid october, but if we get an early spring, winter will come sooner than if we have a late one :p

I plan to take the stag out for a test run during next winter, maby this one if i get my mods done in time. With propper spiked winter tires.

Dragracing is much bigger in Sweeden than in Norway, they have a better climate, roads and social acceptance for it so I gues that's why.
No dragstrip in my town no, the closest one is a 14 hour drive away, but once a year we're allowed to use one of the runways at our airport for a drag strip, so next summer here i come ;-)

If you do visit send me a pm and I'll recomend some places or seasons that would suit you'r interests, would be kind of cool if you visited my town (Tromsø) as well :)

Sijaka

Reaction score
Welcome!
Now that your town has 2 Mustangs, get your tools out,you have a drag race to prepare for.:hunter:

Thank you.

There are probably arounr 30 in total, but most of them are from the '60 and 70'. To my knowledge there are only two s197's and my nieghbour has the only new one, only a ecoboost but Norwegian taxes does not favor muscle cars or engines with a deacent amount of hp.

A new 5.0l would be 155 000USD so you can get a feeling of the prices, if you subtract what you pay in the states, 70 000$ ish? And 3 000$ in shipping you are left with 82 000$ in taxes.

Speaking of dragrace, I'm looking to buy a prohcarger kit to help with that ;-)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back