WTB: HID headlight wiring harness

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
This might be tough, but looking for an OEM HID wiring harness for the 07-09 cars. Finally found a set of factory HID's and need the harness. Hoping to find a place other than the dealer if possible. Thanks!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the oem harness which you still have to modify in order to make it work. You can make your own harness for about $40 total.

Buy the morimoto h13 motocontrol box and some 9006 plugs. Simple positive/negative wiring and you got yourself a a wiring kit.

That's what I did multiple times because I kept going back and forth.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Email the retro fit source and explain you want to put factory hids in a 05-09 mustang and he should remember the harness he made for me a couple months ago, based of the Moto control box with the right plugs soldered on and factory looking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

krkitt1

Reaction score
Email the retro fit source and explain you want to put factory hids in a 05-09 mustang and he should remember the harness he made for me a couple months ago, based of the Moto control box with the right plugs soldered on and factory looking

Hi, I’m trying to do the same with no luck, Who did you use to make your harness. Thanks Ted

krkitt1

Reaction score
Gonna have to order a factory lighting harness from Ford. Either for V6/GT cars or GT500 cars, there's two version for HID
What are the two versions? Ford discontinued the harness so I’ve been looking online and junk yards

krkitt1

Reaction score
GT500 cars (with intercooler) and GT/V6 cars.
Ok, so the Part number is 8R3Z-14290-GA is for the GT/V6 cars. Does this harness have the connections for the fog lamps or is that a separate harness?

krkitt1

Reaction score

Who is the retro fit source your talking about?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Ok, so the Part number is 8R3Z-14290-GA is for the GT/V6 cars. Does this harness have the connections for the fog lamps or is that a separate harness?

yes it does. Every V6/GT has fog harnesses, if it’s not used it’s taped up in the grill.

yup that’s the part number I ordered when I did it. Sunrise Ford in Southern California dealt with obsolete parts. Try calling them

krkitt1

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the info. Was it a pain to do the modification? I had purchased one from a Bullitt and it didn’t have the wires for the fog lights, Ford said it should since the Bullitt was just a GT with fog lights delete. It also was missing the cover for the relays and in the guys picture it was there but he said it was not part of the harness and they already crushed the car, so I sent it back.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the info. Was it a pain to do the modification? I had purchased one from a Bullitt and it didn’t have the wires for the fog lights, Ford said it should since the Bullitt was just a GT with fog lights delete. It also was missing the cover for the relays and in the guys picture it was there but he said it was not part of the harness and they already crushed the car, so I sent it back.

Yeah they hacked it up. Should all be there. Job was easy. Follow the SilverHorseRacing PDF for the diode modification. That’s it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back