who is running aftermarket seats with side airbags?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
For all those who have the factory side airbag option and are running racing seats, how do you disable the airbag light? Can you run a driver side racing seat and leave the passengar side seat with the side airbag still functioning?

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
from what i have read you need the delete plug from a car that doesnt have a side airbag that you plug into the plug under the seat and it makes the car think it never had it

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford part# XF2Z-14B022-AA retail $12.91 ea. Use them to terminate the side impact air bag plugs under the seats. Also make sure you transfer the harness from the bottom of the seat over to the new seat you won't get the DTC C1981 Drivers Seat Track Position Fault. If you don't connect the seat belt sensor you will get DTC B2692. If you don't connect that yellow plug (side airbag terminator), you will get DTC B2295 and a LFC 23.
If you don't connect the OCS Module, you will get DTC B2290 and LFC 16. You get the same indication if you don't connect the bladder. The OCS Module is riveted into the seat rail. You will need to drill out the rivet to remove this module. The bladder takes some work to remove but is fairly obvious, you just need to remove several parts to get to it. The passengers airbag will always be active in this configuration, but you aren't going to have any DCTs.

oldatvracer

forum member
Reaction score
LF23

I did everything you said and I still have LF23 then the air bag light stays on. Any ideas?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In the PM you sent me, you said "the only thing different is the yellow resistor plug from Ford". What do you mean by "different"?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford part# XF2Z-14B022-AA retail $12.91 ea. Use them to terminate the side impact air bag plugs under the seats. Also make sure you transfer the harness from the bottom of the seat over to the new seat you won't get the DTC C1981 Drivers Seat Track Position Fault. If you don't connect the seat belt sensor you will get DTC B2692. If you don't connect that yellow plug (side airbag terminator), you will get DTC B2295 and a LFC 23.
If you don't connect the OCS Module, you will get DTC B2290 and LFC 16. You get the same indication if you don't connect the bladder. The OCS Module is riveted into the seat rail. You will need to drill out the rivet to remove this module. The bladder takes some work to remove but is fairly obvious, you just need to remove several parts to get to it. The passengers airbag will always be active in this configuration, but you aren't going to have any DCTs.

Old thread but have the same problem, thanks for the details!

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
On my 2010 I moved everything from the factory air bag seats to my Recaros and used the airbag simulators that got the system working just like factory. I even installed the bladder in the seat so it works as designed.

Back