Hot Rod cams vs mutha thumpr cams

queenbeeGT

grab her
Reaction score
I'm really undecided which cams to get, I want a loud choppy sound. I'm stuck between the Hot Rod cams and the mutha thumpr cams... anyone have either of these? If not any others out there that are similar or better?

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
personally from what i've heard personally as i know 2 people 1 with each set. the mother thumper cams have a more lopey sound to them, performance wise i have no clue which is better. but if you want performance go get a serious cam like comp cams xfi vsr or spr stage 1 or 2.

T

Top00Cat

it sounds like he is more interested in sound then performance

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
it sounds like he is more interested in sound then performance

yeah, but at the same token you could spend the same money get a cam that has great performance and good sound ie the vsr or nsr stage 2, if you really want to go all out which is the route i went get the spr stage 2

T

Top00Cat

The cam may be the same price but there is alot more labor involved

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have at least 3.73s. If not, then you may want to consider those even before thinking about cams, unless you are going purely for sound.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where's the tech?

There is none.......... moved.........

searchr.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP Hot Rod cams IMHO are the far more superior camshafts for the 3V.

They create great power and the drivability it awesome... But the #1 factor behind them is you will gain between 20-25 rwhp along with getting a great sounding cam.

The comp cams we've had numerous customers come in and one car will pick up 30hp, the next car with identical supporting mods will pick up less than 10 horsepower... Then the next one will pick up 20, then one will pick up 12...etc...etc... They are so very inconsistent it's not even funny.

shockstang

Reaction score
FRPP Hot Rod cams IMHO are the far more superior camshafts for the 3V.

They create great power and the drivability it awesome... But the #1 factor behind them is you will gain between 20-25 rwhp along with getting a great sounding cam.

The comp cams we've had numerous customers come in and one car will pick up 30hp, the next car with identical supporting mods will pick up less than 10 horsepower... Then the next one will pick up 20, then one will pick up 12...etc...etc... They are so very inconsistent it's not even funny.

Do they require a specific tune or will they work with a canned Predator 93 octane tune?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back