Who makes Custom Rear Seat deletes for our Mustangs?

Reaction score
I have seen some before with a pony on it. I was just wondering if someone could give me a link to info on custom ones not just plain/solid, know what I mean?

Thanks!

DirtyDan

Perpetual Propulsion
Reaction score
Great link, those seat deletes look great... I really wanna do this to my car, be a great excuse not to drive when there is more than one person. I'd have a hard time choosing between tan or black though, with my tan interior...

Do you know how much weight reduction these do? Like 40lbs or something?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Rear seat deletes don't really save much weight... the stock seats are pretty light.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah I guess atleast 1/2 the weight shaved are from the seatbelts and accesories

don_w

Reaction score
yeah I guess atleast 1/2 the weight shaved are from the seatbelts and accesories
So I've heard. But I'll still probably do the delete this year (along with other weight loss mods). I have set a goal to drop 200lbs out of the car by the end of summer.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
So I've heard. But I'll still probably do the delete this year (along with other weight loss mods). I have set a goal to drop 200lbs out of the car by the end of summer.

If you ever see your car again. How long has it been now?

don_w

Reaction score
If you ever see your car again. How long has it been now?
LOL... months! haha. But, I actually wanted it (and the trailer) gone for most of that time. Had no where to put them until we got the patio/concrete (and other things) all done. Of course, it's time for it to come home now.

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
Just realize for a daily driven car the rear seats are the sound deadening. Check out the CDC website and look in the back seat on the Weekend Warrior. Pure SEX!

cdc-rear-deck.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
shrader performance does them hang on a minute and i'll get ya a link to him
edit: http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48730
i've seen a few with emblems in them

That is the same one that Ron just put in his car. And if I remember correctly he was kind of upset that the carpet didn't match the carpet in the car. For what they charge, the shit better blend so good that you can't tell where the floor ends and the delete kit begins.

stangmotorsports

Reaction score
does anyone make lighter brkt for stock seats?
I like the front seats but need to build or buy a lighter seat frame assy.
need to keep this car under 3000 lb, even removing the power seat theses seat are heavy

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Yep they look badass on the site but when you look at the kits they ship they don't look too great for the price http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26962&highlight=rear+seat+delete

I have the Shrader Performance Rear Seat Delete in my car. I got one of the very first kits he came out with and I love mine. Mine matches up rather well and it fits great. I know its a little pricey but for the weight savings and for the looks I didnt mind paying a little more for the plastic vs. the wood kind.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Which is the lightest! :naughty1:

Of those listed so far I would have to say the kit Ron has because of the material it's made of the ebay kit shows 1/8th" " hardboard , the other 2 look like a MMR kit , and the expensive one states this in their description " Our RSD is made out of 1/2" MDF" . Imo I would have to list them as this from lightest to heaviest . I was going to start a design for one a while back ( Me and Ron were talking before he bought his ) but ended up getting side tracked with all the motor/tranny swap shit If I have some free time this next week when I get home I will get started on one . I think my design could beat all in weight savings and look better to boot .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back