ATTN: Austin,San Antonio,Dallas and surrounding areas...don't miss out!

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
(Organized on MustangForums.com, but some of us have this local meet and cruise each year; I'll be going )

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2012...y-approved.html

Hey y'all,

I think it’s about time for another TEXAS MUSTANG CRUISE! How about it boys and girls?

Last year's cruise fell apart because "the enemy of a good plan is the pursuit of a perfect one." We kept trying to add on and make it *more* awesome, adding to the amount of work required until...until...it didn't happen. ><

So, back to the tried and true recipe it is. I realize this is really short notice, and I do apologize for that, but hopefully we can get a relatively good turnout anyway, since those of us from Texas are *that* awesome!

Hope to see you guys there!

Here's some links to our last several cruises and how awesome they were:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...-approved.html

***Central Texas Mustang Cruise***
Who: You!
What: Nice 2 to 3 hour cruise, followed by dinner at a restaurant in Marble Falls
Where: Starting location - The Oasis parking lot in Austin, TX
When: Mar 3rd, 11:30 AM
Why: Because we're from Texas and we're awesome?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.617294&z=11

FAQ

(1) Where are we meeting?

We are meeting at The Oasis On the Lake (http://www.oasis-austin.com/). The above map has the address as the starting location. Big parking lot, access to open, windy roads, and the best part...NO $8 FEE! (stupid parks dpt)

(2) Is there anything special I need to do to get ready for the cruise?
YES. BRING A FULL GAS TANK!!! Yes, I meant to caps lock that. BRING A FULL GAS TANK!!! Stopping for gas is going to be a big problem. STOP FOR GAS BEFORE YOU GET HERE!

Also, PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE ROUTE!!! Last time, we had a big problem with us getting broken up by lights and cars not knowing where we were headed. This was the cause of a lot of confusion, especially when 12 cars got separated from the group and I spent 45 minutes trying to find them. It kind of killed the end of the cruise.

PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE ROUTE SO YOU KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING!!!

Oh, and make your car shiny b/c well...people will want to look at it.

So, to sum up, HAVE A FULL GAS TANK! AND BRING A COPY OF THE ROUTE!

(3) I want to meet up with other mustangs to cruise to the starting spot. Where do I go?

Hopefully, we can coordinate that within the scope of this thread. If you want to meet up with other people from your city, post in this thread and other people will hopefully join you!

Is there a halfway point where I can go the restroom / go home / take a break from driving?

Yes. We'll be stopping at the Home Depot in Marble Falls for about 10 minutes as a break. If you are say...running low on gas, in need of a restroom, need to get out and stretch, this is the time!

Where should I get gas or get a last minute car wash?

There's a Shell attached to the Rudy's BBQ on 620. It also has a pretty good touch-free car wash in case you need some last minute washing before the cruise.

There's also a Texaco at the corner or 620 and Lime Creek that you should be able to fill up at. Otherwise, just look up the oasis on googlemaps and tell it to search the surrounding area for gas stations/car washes.

REMEMBER TO HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS BEFORE GETTING TO THE CRUISE!

What do we do about rain?

If the chance of rain is 90+% for Saturday as of Thursday evening, cruise will be canceled. I'm sure nobody wants to do a cruise in the rain. We'll try to reschedule for the following weekend if there's interest. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

You posted this in the 2005-2011 section. Does that mean other mustangs aren't welcome?

Not at all! If you have a mustang, come along! S95's, Foxbodys, pretty much anything that's a mustang is welcome to come along!

Oh, and please tell everyone you know about this event! Last time, we had mustang groups from San Antonio and Austin come join us. It was a blast!

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
requested page not found.....

There already is a big Mustang event in Austin on that day:

5th Annual Spring Open Show at the Dell Diamond • Benefiting SafePlace • Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday March 3rd: The Mustang Owners Club of Austin will be joining
w/ the Round Rock Express and the Dell Diamond for the 2012 edition of our Spring Open Car Show.

This show is open to all makes and models of cars and trucks. Awards will be given to the top 12 vehicles based on the votes cast by fellow participants. Entry fee is still just $15 and the registration form is available on the MOCA website.
http://www.mocatx.com/carshow/SpringShowReg2012.pdf

As in our previous Spring shows, the Dell Diamond will be open and the Round Rock Express will be hosting an Open House with lots of family friendly activities to promote the upcoming 2012 baseball season. Concessions, rest rooms, and the Rail Yard store will be open throughout the day.

We can always use help to ensure a successful event. If you would like to assist with parking, setting
up before the show, or cleaning up after the show, please e-mail [email protected]

Time: Registration begins at 8:00AM and ends at 10:30AM. Trophy presentation is at 3:00PM.

Rain Date: March 10, 2012
Email [email protected] for more car show information.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
The 3rd?! I'll be headed back up to NY already, fuck me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
OK.......

PRE-CRUISE MEETUP - Ikea parking lot, 10:30-10:45, then head out to the Oasis.

This is the parking lot facing I35 on the northbound frontage rd located @ I35 and 1431.

If you want to go to Dell Diamond and walk around a parking lot full of cars all day be my guest. I would much rather run this cruise with 40+ mustangs like we had the year before on some twistys and hills with some awesome scenery and open my car up on the road.

Here is some vid shot from inside my 07 @ the 2010 cruise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWJKDci5cA&feature=related

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If you want to go to Dell Diamond and walk around a parking lot full of cars all day be my guest. ...

Seeing how it is the Austin community of Mustang Folks who are putting on the show - to showcase Mustangs no less, I feel that you are looking at this all wrong.

Your snubbing your nose at Mustangs and their owners.

I merely said that whomever scheduled this on the same day as the Annual event up there was full of fail. Was that you?

Cruises can be fun but these people are showcasing Mustangs to the community.

It also benefits the community in many ways. A cruise cant compare.

I wish you fun on your cruise but if Im able I will be attending the show and would hope others do the same.

I drive daily but its not very often I get to have that kind of fellowship. :thumb2:

WickedS281SC

Reaction score
I agree with Barricade! The MCOA only puts two shows on a year. The Spring Show on this date of March 3rd and then the Summer Show that has been in August, but this year will be pushed to September, do to the extreme heats of the Summer. Aside from those two days, i would be up for any mustang cruise in the Austin area. But not to participate in a Mustang / Ford event like these and to try and take possible attendance from it is is not cool. Just my two cents. - Fellow Saleen Club member of Barricades

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Not snubbing my nose at anyone,just stating my opinion as are you. This was a thread to let people know about the cruise and not meant to be used as a debate about which event is better. This also isn't my event....I just wanted to put it out there so others could participate. I've done the whole car show deal since I was in my 20s and its just not my thing anymore. Also,I don't get to daily drive my car so its a good deal for me. The cruise doesn't start till 11:30 so I may cruise by Dell Diamond and make a round to check out the cars.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Bump.......this is tomorrow everyone and looks like we are gonna have some great weather!

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
it was a lot of fun. i really wanted to see the show also and its too bad they scheduled it the same day. i heard the saleen group had their largest gathering to date.

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
I'll try to keep y'all in the loop. I'm the Events Director for Austin Area Stangs, so if you have any good ideas, fire away. I know we'll have a cruise to Salt Lick in April for sure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back