Free lightweight battery mounting (Deka ETX14)

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a brand new ETX14 at my disposal so let me do some tests. Will report back later.

FYI battery out of the box from delivery is at 13.08 v

My charger will start to charge when the voltage hits around 12.6V and will stop right at 12.9V. If I plug it in and the voltage is 12.8 it just sits there in standby. The ETX14 was right at 12.8V when I started testing it but it has been sitting around for well over a month.

Yeah, you've got issues lol. I would have just laid the battery on its back with the positive terminal orientation like factory instead of buying another battery.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
What charger do you use?
Do you have the battery in a car? I am thinking a zero load reading will be more than the battery sitting with something attached to it.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
What charger do you use?
Do you have the battery in a car? I am thinking a zero load reading will be more than the battery sitting with something attached to it.

I have the Schumacher SSC-1500A. My test was with the battery on the floor out of the vehicle. This battery has never been installed.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Gotcha, well if it works it works! lol did start my car so I'm happy.

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
What battery posts do you guys use? I have an ETX9 with SAE posts but they seem to be too small for the 2011 Mustang terminals. Thanks

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
This is how I'll be doing mine once I start using the Deka battery. No need for any battery posts like this.

2015-03-14_08-53-06_653_zpsii4wbdmb.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
What battery posts do you guys use? I have an ETX9 with SAE terminals but they seem to be too small for the 2011 Mustang terminals. Thanks
Not sure how that is possible. I am using the odyssey sae terminals.

This is how I'll be doing mine once I start using the Deka battery. No need for any battery posts like this.

2015-03-14_08-53-06_653_zpsii4wbdmb.jpg

Nice!, little too permanent for me because mines is strictly for the track and back.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure how that is possible. I am using the odyssey sae terminals.

Nice!, little too permanent for me because mines is strictly for the track and back.

Does yours not have one of those going to the lead free battery cable terminal? I know mine is setup that way so I could essentially use either battery with the same cable lug. I do remember having an issue with one of my factory battery terminals a long time ago so I'm not sure if my setup is like OE or I added it. Either way I'm not committed to either battery with my current setup.

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting in my Deka ETX9. The issue with my Odyssey SAE posts was solved by simply switching them.

It is a 7 pound golf cart battery, they run about 60-70 bucks. As you can see from the pics it is very short - I ended up cutting off the corner of the tray to accommodate the positive terminal (the wiring was extremely stiff and did not want to bend down to reach the post).

Pic 1 Pic 2

I am keeping my stock battery along with 8mm ratchet in the trunk just in case.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damn that's a baby!
nice one.. I will have to read the specs on that.
How does it start up?

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
No problems whatsoever! I couldn't use this battery on my old Miata because it had a slow drain. Was a pain to keep using a cutoff switch every time I parked. Hasn't failed to start yet on the Mustang though!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back