Above118's project "Ruby"

Above118

Reaction score
Few months ago I picked up a 14 v6 in Ruby Red and figured id start a small build tread.
I've had a few mustang in the past,my last being an SN95...Right now my focus is on getting it to look the way
I want,then ill more to doing a few performance mods. End goal it to be driving a clean,bagged and boosted
cyclone for daily driving...enough of that..on to the pics..

The day i picked it up..

And a week later my car was in a hit and run at work. Taking out my pass side door. So I got a new one and
insurance covered the rest. The body shop did a great job with color matching. Esp with the Ruby Red Metallic
not being an easy color in the 1st place.

Got it back a week later and it looked great.
So my next mods that came were some Wheels,Tires,Springs,PHB,Tint,And color shift demon eye lights
that my wife got had me for Christmas.

Wheels::
EuroTech EU08 40mm Offset 19x9.5 all the way around

Tires::
Rear Michlen Pilot 285-35-19
Front Hankook ventus s1 noble2 275-35-19

Springs:: Steeda Sport (HATE them,ride is good,but the drop sucks imo) ill be going with coilovers soon,bags in the long run.

J&M Pan Hard Bar

Tint::35% in front 20% rear

Fitment check

And a quick Demon Eye shot

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Is that Richmond Ford on Broad St? (since I see you're in Virginia).

Nice wheel choice.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
love the wheels!

+1!

IMHO, if you are serious about bagging it, I'd say skip the coil over stage and just go for the Air Ride it as soon as possible. I have learned from experience to just go with what you want in the first place. It will save you time and money in the long run.

And I agree about the Steeda Sport springs. Great ride, but not much of a drop.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good! Nice wheels too. :)

12418011_10206634005906368_7603663449470244294_n.jpg

Above118

Reaction score
Is that Richmond Ford on Broad St? (since I see you're in Virginia).

Nice wheel choice.
im about 20mins south of Richmond... that was at Ford in Colonial Heights.
+1!

IMHO, if you are serious about bagging it, I'd say skip the coil over stage and just go for the Air Ride it as soon as possible. I have learned from experience to just go with what you want in the first place. It will save you time and money in the long run.

And I agree about the Steeda Sport springs. Great ride, but not much of a drop.
yea i deff agree with skipping ahead...but the price tag holds me back for right now.
Looking good! Nice wheels too. :)

12418011_10206634005906368_7603663449470244294_n.jpg
lol i like yours too...i think we are the only stangs on this wheel to be honest.
Love the headlights
thanks,i like them too...im just glad i didnt have to bake them open,that process in a pain in the ass.

Above118

Reaction score
Here's a few small things i've done this past month...

Changed out the Stock shift knob for a Black Tri-bar pony Retro Style. Feels great,nothing life changing,but better lol.

Then I addressed the plain black mirrors. went to American Muscle and ordered some color match covers (paint match was perfect)

The rear of the car was way to plain for me being spoiler-less... picked up this..i like the flow and that its not as tall as the Gt500.

My wife bought me some puddle lights (she loves getting me lights for some reason lol) Install was simple and quick. (love the look)

Lastly,my buddy and i made up some decals. Roush style...but with the 3.7L Cyclone Badge.....ya know,so its not a fake roush lol

Above118

Reaction score
Haven't been doing to much to the car bc ive been busy with work. messed around with a few ideas and a few mods.

Ive been playing with the idea of a gold color wheel for a while,turns out not my cup of tea. Atleast not on my car with my wheels. The black look good tho.
Makes me thing about doing Black Chrome Powder coat.

picked up plasti dip just to test it out on one wheel..

Then i got my battery cover and Brake booster covers in,i decided to paint them gloss black,same with the radiator cover.
also put on my Engine cover. I think it helps fill up some engine bay space big time.
Before:

After:

Then i needed to address the interior bc it is just so plain jane. I decided to wrap it with some 3m carbon wrap. looked pretty good.
I still have a few more pieces i want to do.

Before:

After:

A few pics from last month at a cars and coffee...

Thats all for now.
Parts i still have then a need to put on::
RTR decklid panel
RTR License plate surround
Side Lips
Front lip
Fog Lights

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Love the wheels.
That windshield banner is cool too, I'm thinking I might do something similar in black, maybe on the front bumper ... I still laugh at every meme that brings up Mustangs "doing crowd control" lol ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP,

The things you have done look really nice. :clap:

IMG_6998_zpswmbaulaa.jpg

Luv the new looking CF interior.

IMG_7009_zps1lqpoigm.jpg

Terry

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Fucking epic plate. Good job!

And Terry's just here to intimidate you to not use his thread icon. He has a patent pending on thumbs up in general. Specifically for, but not limited to, doubles.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fucking epic plate. Good job!

And Terry's just here to intimidate you to not use his thread icon. He has a patent pending on thumbs up in general. Specifically for, but not limited to, doubles.

Brian,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back