Tuning

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
If I wanted to use my tuner to change my stock programmed speed limitations to something more than the stock 95MPH, would I then also have to change the rev limiter and idle RPMs?

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
If I wanted to use my tuner to change my stock programmed speed limitations to something more than the stock 95MPH, would I then also have to change the rev limiter and idle RPMs?
all 3 settings are different ,i think you should be able to just turn off the speed limit .
95MPH is that what factory setting is in the 4.0'S ?

Last edited:

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
thats when the car starts yelling at me to slow down lol usually around 105 i can feel something kick in and start slowing me down itself. I figure if i can bump the 95 up some it might lemme hit 105 with no issues. I've been told that IF i disabled the speed limit it would be best if I had a driveshaft loop. Which I don't..yet.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The 3.7 driveshaft grenades around 115
Not sure about the 4.0 one but don't go removing limiters just because you can. Better double check there isn't a reason for 95 on that car

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
Not sure about the 4.0 one but don't go removing limiters just because you can. Better double check there isn't a reason for 95 on that car

Right now i dont plan on doin anything until ive learned enough. If i can simply tweak the settings to avoid the limiters from yelling at me I would prefer to do so rather than remove them completely.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The stock driveshaft has been known to come apart at speeds above 115; not only will it tear the crap up of your transmission, it can cause a serious accident.
Also, be sure you have tires that are safe at those speeds. In 2005, the stock 4.0L tires were very soft and the car would start to become unstable at higher speeds; a set of stock GT Pirelli's solved that problem ;)

Please do additional research and make appropriate upgrades before removing the speed limiter.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score

Man you make me worried, my car 06 V6 limits around 115 or so, doesn't feel sketchy, but I'd be hesitant to remove the limiter. I thought they blew around 135? Thats what happened in the youtube video I watched. Unless your 4.0 is stock and has issues, it shouldn't cut off at 95. I remember mine stock still got up to around 115, just took a while.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back