Finally a 10 sec pass...

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Whats even better is with that MPH, the car is capable of 10.60s.....

Well sir, thanks for the compliment. Means a lot coming from a BB old school racer. Sure would love to take something like yours down the track sometime or at least play "ballast" in the back seat under a blanket during a pass.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
After a few weeks away from the track I had time to pull the cats off the car and get an OR H pipe and GT500 exhaust in place. VMP Performance updated the tune and the car was ready for a pass. No dyno was done so I have no idea what the HP and/or Torque improvement was if any, but the results in 2300-2800 DA last night was an over all improvement and qualified that first pass as simply not a fluke. Passes were as follows:

11.03 @ 126.7
10.92 @ 128.0
10.91 @ 127.5

Time for a roll cage as I was officially told to keep the ET 11.00+. And since that isn't going to happen its time this winter to save up for a roll cage. Not cheap, but if it keeps me alive in the event of a crash (and the fact its required) it's worth the money.

I've got NRMA True Street coming up at Bowling Green and then one last trip to the track for the season on 10/14 to defend my spot on our local challenge list (just a local thing that in no way compares to the cars on St. Outlaws) before I rest the car for the season. Thankfully several of the big hitters are broken or I'd barely be hanging on the bottom slot. LOL!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Another night of new personal bests. Ran the True Street Class at NMRA Bowling Green.

Ran 10.896@@128.53 on a 1.68 60ft on the test pass and backed it up with a [email protected] on a 1.65 60 ft.in the first round of passes. Air was pretty nice. 1100-1300DA Through out the day. Lifted on the top end of the last of the two official passes chasing the 11.000 index average (two pass average in that class). Was gunning for 11.14 and ran 11.136. Broken out of the index average bracket by -.004. Guy that won ran 11.002 average

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was NMRA letting you run 10.80s without a bar? I always thought they were pretty strict about that--but then again I live out in CA where stuff like that causes track officials to wet their pants and scream/run in circles.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks. Oh forgot to mention I drove it 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back home with the DR's and floor jack in the trunk. The whole trip including passes averaged 22.5 MPG. Had a friend follow me down with his car hauler in case I broke. HE was going anyway. We were going to haul it down but early rain made the task a pain to do at 5:00am in the morning where we were to meet and load the car. Got home this morning @ 7:00am stopping for fuel in both vehicles, Wafflehouse and a 45 min power siesta before finishing the trip. Final passes for the class were completed just before midnight central time due to roughly 2 hours of rain delay.

Back to the couch to catch up on lost sleep while watching Ryder cup! LOL! Nothing like an afternoon nap with golf on the tube!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Was NMRA letting you run 10.80s without a bar? I always thought they were pretty strict about that--but then again I live out in CA where stuff like that causes track officials to wet their pants and scream/run in circles.

Yeah. Last event of the year apparently they were pretty loose. There was an eight second turbo car with chute that had no roll cage and they let him make passes on a waiver that he would get one put in he was telling me. He ran true street with us.

Roll cage is coming this winter it appears since my local track shut me down a week ago and told me to keep it under 11.00 or cage it when I made two consecutive 10.9x passes. Maximum Motorsports will be making some coin on me this year.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. Last event of the year apparently they were pretty loose. There was an eight second turbo car with chute that had no roll cage and they let him make passes on a waiver that he would get one put in he was telling me. He ran true street with us.

Roll cage is coming this winter it appears since my local track shut me down a week ago and told me to keep it under 11.00 or cage it when I made two consecutive 10.9x passes. Maximum Motorsports will be making some coin on me this year.

OH! Forgot to mention we got to meet Boosted GT (from Street outlaws) last night in a casual setting. He was walking by my car in the staging lanes when I saw him and said "Is that Chris?" He stopped and came back to shake hands and talk a few minutes. Super cool first impression. Could have blown us off and told us he didn't have time, but didn't in spite of the fact he was trying to get a lifter problem resolved on his car to get it ready for the grudge matches that started after midnight.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Bwahahahaha! The world would literally end out here if that happened! The guy would be banned for life from the track. Hahaha!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha! The world would literally end out here if that happened! The guy would be banned for life from the track. Hahaha!

I was surprised as crap when I looked in his car and saw no cage after seeing the chute. Never hung around to see what he ran, because it was so fricking late, but there no way I be running that deep without one. Only reason I am currently is because my local track is allowing 11.00+ on newer chassis' that are modified for some reason. I'm getting rear axle housing all welded up and re enforced next week and then its save money time for cage and stall converter for next year.

Oh weighed the car for the first time yesterday. 3725 without me in it and 1/2 tank of fuel. 10.85 @ 128 is pretty sweet on that curb weight. LOL!

Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
I am so glad my track doesn't enforce the 11.00 rule- I'm expecting for mid 9.90's this wed night assuming my car is finished at the tuners on tues. - When you weighed your car did you still have the floor jack in it-(LOL) seems a lil heavy without a driver, but yours is a premium. I am just over 3725 with driver(250+) and that is with full interior still and just the spare tire removed and jack.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score

Most of the true street events in the mid west are pretty lax because they usually have their own tech which is making sure there is registration, wipers, lights signals, plates, ins, and max tire size,etc,etc, . they usually fall under a different tech group- this is from my passed experience from 3 different tracks that host the different nmra events that have a MM/ff true street event.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I am so glad my track doesn't enforce the 11.00 rule- I'm expecting for mid 9.90's this wed night assuming my car is finished at the tuners on tues. - When you weighed your car did you still have the floor jack in it-(LOL) seems a lil heavy without a driver, but yours is a premium. I am just over 3725 with driver(250+) and that is with full interior still and just the spare tire removed and jack.

That was with the spare and the jack, and a few other items in the back seat. And yes its a premium with an auto but no additional options otherwise.

150 cars in TS Class last night. Largest single class participation total in NMRA history to date.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back