DSS driveshaft took a dump on me ??

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I have a DSS driveshaft for my 2013 Mustang 5.0 6mt and there is a metallic pinging/clicking noise that is very loud/noticeable/annoying when taking off from a stop, when letting off gas and when any sort of load is applied to the rear.

JPC installed my shaft.

I brought it back after telling them the noise and having them test drive it and they were dead-set on the culprit being the CV joint.

I have had this shaft for over a year and just installed it last Monday. I am at a loss here as this is my DD and JPC still has my stock driveshaft.

Frank, is there anything you could do for me in this situation? I was on the fence about a shaft for my car and read a lot of reviews and picked DSS for affordability, the special pinion-angle worry-free CV joint, and the solid reviews. Lately there have been more horror stories but when I started researching I found DSS to be a smart choice.

Is there anything you all could do for me in my situation?

You probably want to contact them via e-mail, I think I filled out a contact form on their website and that's how I got in touch with them.
Calling was a lost cause, nobody was answering.
And Frank hasn't come back into this thread for quite some time, so I doubt he'll come back at all.
If you can still get your stock driveshaft back, I would do that.
If you have no resonators in the exhaust there's enough room to swap driveshafts without dropping the exhaust.
Pretty easy job to do, especially if you have tall jack stands or access to a lift

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back