Remote Keyless Entry not working

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Mustang GT.

One day the keyless entry just stopped working. Nothing stood out that would indicate a problem was going to occur. I have 3 RKEs and none of them work now. One of them is a cheap Amazon one I purchased, and Ive been using that for weeks without issue before they all stopped working. None of the buttons on them work and I have to manually unlock and lock the car doors.

I checked all of the fuses located on the passenger footwell compartment, they are all good. I also removed the battery terminals to see if reseting the PCM would work, but it did not.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Have you gone thru the programming again since it stopped working?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I tried reprogramming two of the key fobs on two different days and it did nothing.

I assumed it wasnt the battery because last time I used them all 3 worked fine. But i guess i shouldnt assume.

What does the keyless entry fob communicate with directly in the car? I want to function test that, and check its specific fuse.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
F62 is a 20A fuse IAW the 2005 electrical prints. The locks are controlled by relays in the smart junction box. Also check F67 which is a hot all the time fuse feeding the SJB. It appears the SJB is responsible for interface with the key fob directly. All antitheft also goes through that device. Seesm I recall it beign located passenger side kick panel. Someone correct me on that if wrong please.

Good luck.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I will check all of those in a couple days when I have the chance, and ill update on it later.

I tried doing a lot of research on this and nobody had these specific issues, so im just surprised its happening to my car.

Domer66

Reaction score
Do you have an update on this? I have an 07 with the exact same issue...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back