Anyone ever heard of Savini wheels?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not only dating myself most likely but also giving away that I don't live on the west coast any longer either. LOL!

So as the header states:

Has anyone heard of or owned Savini wheels? I ask because a friend of mine has a set that came off his 13 GT500 he is willing to sell me. THey are a one piece forged wheel very similar in appearance to the Vossen CV3 five spoke concave design wheel. 19x9 fronts, 20x10 rears. They need to be powder coated as he had them custom powder coated after he bought them to match his car. He said he would take $500 for them. They have about 1200 miles on them and have remained stored in his attic in his garage boxed since he pulled them off.

Are they good wheels? Are they worth $500? I can get them powder coated by a company for about 50-75 bucks each. They will remove the old coating and apply the new.

Appreciate some younger mind feedback. Sorry I don't have a photo yet. I have seen them and they look sort of like the photo below but in a custom color scheme.

yBS2a1r.jpg

Obviously I would have them powder coated Satin Charcoal or slightly lighter to closely match the stripes on my car.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
They look good to me.
I always thought Savini wheels were kinda high end

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ I have no idea Gabe. A guy at work has them. Paid huge money for them didn't like the look after getting them. He tried custom powder coating them and still didn't like the outcome. Since he has tried to sell them but has been unable to sell them. If it is the same wheel and he will take the $500 I may well take them. But if they are another version of that wheel that has a smaller spoke and larger window I won't. I don't have any jewelry behind my wheels to look at. Just standard brakes and rotors.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Did you find out what offsets they are?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
No, but the guy is a fanatic about fitment and attention to detail. I would take them and make sure they fit on the car as well before spending any money to powder coat them or commit to buying them. He made sure they supported the factory tire sizes that were on his GT500.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
$500 for forged wheels, $800 after powdercoat.. don't think you can go wrong if the fitment is right. Plus not a bad design

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Just called the powder coater and got a price of $500 to strip and recoat to a charcoal color. While it may be worth it to someone seeking to have a one piece high dollar forged wheel on their car, its not for me. And sorry but they are not openly available if anyone sought interest.

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep hoping KMC has availability on wheels I seek from them.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I know they are a high end wheel, and a few years ago, they were having issues with peeling chrome, but if someone is going to strip and powder coat, that shouldn't be an issue.

I've been following your wheel posts .. I have a brembo brake car, and wish there was 19" Bullitt style wheel for me ....

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Probably won't actually buy until the Spring, just starting some research.. Appreciate it

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
So tell me, when you change wheel sizes - for example, mine are stock 19" - if I buy 20's, do I need a tuner for speedo adjustments ?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
So tell me, when you change wheel sizes - for example, mine are stock 19" - if I buy 20's, do I need a tuner for speedo adjustments ?

If you retain the factory tire height you will not. The speedo is determined by Rotations per mile. There are two standard settings that Ford uses on the GT. The Brembo track Package tire is 255-40-19. That is a 27" tall tire. So the closer you stay to that height the better off you will be. My 13 had the 245/45/19 wheel which is 27.5ish. I ran a slightly shorter tire without changing anything and had no issues. You could have Ford reflash the car to the taller wheel if you chose to go taller on your height. However most common tire choices with 20" wheels are a 275/35/20 rear and 255/35/20 front or 285/30/20 rear with 255/35/20 front. Both are within 1/2 inch or closer of your factory 27" tall Brembo 255-40-19.

That all said, the only thing the change in tire size will have on the stick shift car will be speedo being slightly off. If you are running an automatic it will be more critical as rotations per mile is used to maintain proper shift point as well....but that is for another thread.

Hope this helps.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I went from the 245/45/19 to 255/35/20f and 305/30/20 (27.02) tall in the rear, and the amount my speedometer is off is negligible. I thought it would be more than it is, but it's now like 83mph vs 80, so I figure it keeps me out of trouble lol.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
BTW go to discounttiredirect.com. click on INFO CENTER. scroll down and select tire size calculator on the left hand column. In that calculator put your factory tire in the left side and add any tire on the right and compare the diameter and rotations per mile of the new tire you wish to try. The closer the numbers are the closer to 1:1 your speedometer will remain.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back