02 sensor?

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Supercharged 13gt Lt headers no cats. I noticed pre cat sensors read nothing but post cat reads everything is this correct? I always tho t pre cat was suppose to monitor everything

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Supercharged 13gt Lt headers no cats. I noticed pre cat sensors read nothing but post cat reads everything is this correct? I always tho t pre cat was suppose to monitor everything

Breaks the common rule in basic O2 sensor location theory. O2 sensors are to be as close to the exhaust source as possible for the most accurate functionality. Your after-cat sensors are shut off (or at least should be) in the tune because they no longer serve any function since their soul purpose is to monitor the functionality of the cat and nothing more.

You may wish to get with the tuner AND the installer. I;d be wanting to know why my tuner did not see this and make me aware of it and have it corrected before any further tuning took place. Makes me question many things. Unless there is some bizarre circumstance involved here that falls outside the basic theory guidelines.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back