BBK CIA with SCT Tuner X3-Will it Work?

jordonhumphreys

Reaction score
I have a BBK CIA in my 2007 Mustang V6 4.0L. It is through a "Too Lean" code. Obviously it is in need of a tune. Would the SCT Tuner X3 work for this tune?

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
Some more info would be helpful. How long has the CAI been in the car? Does BBK list it as a tune required intake? If so, does the car currently have a tune on it? What specific OBD code is being thrown? To get any real help you need to provide more info than your OP. Simply buying a tuner won't help you. You need an actual tune that has been set up for your specific car and modification(s). But a tuner can't fix a problem that is caused by a bad O2 sensor, vacuum leak, broken wire, leaking CAI piping, etc. Help us help you.

jordonhumphreys

Reaction score
Some more info would be helpful. How long has the CAI been in the car? Does BBK list it as a tune required intake? If so, does the car currently have a tune on it? What specific OBD code is being thrown? To get any real help you need to provide more info than your OP. Simply buying a tuner won't help you. You need an actual tune that has been set up for your specific car and modification(s). But a tuner can't fix a problem that is caused by a bad O2 sensor, vacuum leak, broken wire, leaking CAI piping, etc. Help us help you.

The CAI has been in the car since I bought it on November 25th so I do not know how long it has been in. The BBK CAI is supposed to be "tune-free." There is no current tune on the car. The OBD code being thrown is MAP sensor, and Too Lean. Codes are P0108 and P0406.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back