Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
All that rubber and still no traction :gt500 problems: hahahahaha. Sounds awesome

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't done much with the car in the last year besides drive it, but I took it out today and realized that I need to address the hood issues: heat trapped and excessive fluttering.

Up in the air between doing a Tiger Racing Louvered Hood with Aerocatch pins or installing Trackspec Louvers on my stock hood with Aerocatch pins.

http://trackspecmotorsports.com/shop-by-vehicle/mustang/05-09-mustang/mustang-gt2-hood-louvers-kit

I really like the tiger racing hood, but something about it just doesn't seem to work for me. I think it might be... dare I say....too... "aggressive"? That said, I think if you could come out with a layout that is different and still looks good on the car (which could be tricky), the louvers might be better.

Just as a question, have you ever considered the 2010 GT500 hood vent mod? Would seem to be appropriate given your mods and I LOVE the look on this car.... and SERIOUSLY considered it for my own:

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
As much as I like the Tiger hood for a road course, you're not going to like the Tiger hood's ability to flex and crack paint, and you're not going to like the finish of the vents on the stock hood.

I'd do the GT500 vent.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
2008MustangBullittNewHood.jpg

2008MustangBullittTrufiberHoodinstalledandpainted.jpg

Blackout the hood pins.

Awesome hood... but totally played out. :whistle1: lol

I'm a big fan of that hood, but it will not clear the TVS.

I really like the tiger racing hood, but something about it just doesn't seem to work for me. I think it might be... dare I say....too... "aggressive"? That said, I think if you could come out with a layout that is different and still looks good on the car (which could be tricky), the louvers might be better.

Just as a question, have you ever considered the 2010 GT500 hood vent mod? Would seem to be appropriate given your mods and I LOVE the look on this car.... and SERIOUSLY considered it for my own:

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

As much as I like the Tiger hood for a road course, you're not going to like the Tiger hood's ability to flex and crack paint, and you're not going to like the finish of the vents on the stock hood.

I'd do the GT500 vent.

Yeah - didn't think about the cracking on the TR hood... even the visible weave Carbon Fiber one?

I'm not a fan of the '10 GT500 vent. Was the ugliest thing I thought on both of my GT500's. Lol

Not a big fan of cowl's but I do like the Cervini Cobra R

20130412144357_8503.jpg

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah - didn't think about the cracking on the TR hood... even the visible weave Carbon Fiber one?

I'm not a fan of the '10 GT500 vent. Was the ugliest thing I thought on both of my GT500's. Lol

You cut me deep. If you think the GT500 looks out of place, the other vents are going to look worse to you. They work, don't get me wrong, but I know you well enough to know you're not going to like they way they look tacked on -- they're very much function over form.

But yes, leave the race car hoods to race cars.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of cowl's but I do like the Cervini Cobra R

20130412144357_8503.jpg

That sucks that it the heat extractor doesn't fit over the TVS!! Is that because of the 5.4 your running and height? I just can't believe that the TVS is that much longer than the M90 I am running... but I know you must have looked into it. Now I am worried about whether or not I can upgrade to a TVS.

Regardless.... the Cobra R was TOTALLY going to be the next suggestion I was going to make! I can't remember who it was that was making the one I wanted, but I thought it started with a "K"... I was inches from buying that hood.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I can't remember who it was that was making the one I wanted, but I thought it started with a "K"... I was inches from buying that hood.

Kaenen! Yeessssss..... Big Pappy's Car!!

IMG_1402.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You cut me deep. If you think the GT500 looks out of place, the other vents are going to look worse to you. They work, don't get me wrong, but I know you well enough to know you're not going to like they way they look tacked on -- they're very much function over form.

But yes, leave the race car hoods to race cars.

I'm sorry - maybe its just having it unpainted, but yeah I am just trying to find the fine line between aggressive, functional, and looks right at home with the simplicity of my car.

That sucks that it the heat extractor doesn't fit over the TVS!! Is that because of the 5.4 your running and height? I just can't believe that the TVS is that much longer than the M90 I am running... but I know you must have looked into it. Now I am worried about whether or not I can upgrade to a TVS.

Regardless.... the Cobra R was TOTALLY going to be the next suggestion I was going to make! I can't remember who it was that was making the one I wanted, but I thought it started with a "K"... I was inches from buying that hood.

I believe its just the overall height of the 4v motor in the S197 and that indent between the draw vents is very narrow that won't clear the front blower snout.

I did just remember my favorite hood that is kind of hard to find is the 05-09 Saleen S281/S302 Hood

45b789244046381e00bbbd0e823383bd-jpg.310103

What about peoples thoughts on the American Muscle 13/14 vents? Not my first choice, but in body color they would blend. One thing to note, I invested a lot in my stock hood by filling in the factory washer nozzles and would hate to repaint/prep a hood and overall not a fan of fiberglass... still a bad taste left in my mouth from my removal hardtop debacle. :insane:

71334-99_alt3

220989_58453562.jpg

But end of the day its a tacked on MMD part :-/

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2008MustangBullittTrufiberHoodinstalledandpainted.jpg

Blackout the hood pins.

John,

Looks pretty darn nice to me buddy.

Clean look with that hood !!!

Blacked-Out hood pins will finish the look nicely.

Terry

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I thing about the mmd vents and the gt500 vents is that they sit on top of the hood rather than in it. To me that makes a huge difference in the overall appearance.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back