6R80 in my 05

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I talked to pbh about the swap using their controller. I was told the f150 and mustang 6r80 identical. you just need a mustang wiring harness.
You can even use a f150 gas pedal for the coyote swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Any word from USshift about the Quick6??? Website is still saying "available soon".

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Any word from USshift about the Quick6??? Website is still saying "available soon".

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a Beta unit. They have posted on Facebook and also sent me emails any day now. I'm not sure what the hold up is. Luckily the weather hasn't been good here so it hasn't been that big of deal, but I am ready to get my car back on the road again.
Thanks Mike

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and update. I was hoping to make this a winter project so the car could be ready to drive in the spring when the weather is nice. Lund Racing tunes my car so I'm hoping Jon and the guys will get one of these to dial in before my stock 3650 runs out of lives. I don't bang on the car too hard but any day I expect it to fail.

forum member
Reaction score
I have the wiring harness and manual for mine. The manual is on their website. The manual is a little light on information. I have been told the controller should be sent out next week. The person that told me that acknowledges that he has told me the same thing on other occasions as well. In other conversations, it certainly sounds like they are not as close as they have led everyone to believe.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a TR6060. Hopefully this works out but I've run out of time as the spring is coming fast and I have very little time at home between now and the start of racing season.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
It will probably be Friday or Saturday before I have anything to report. They are wanting to talk with me during the learn procedure etc...so I'm going to need a free day.

The good news is its real! I know a lot of people like myself have been waiting a long time for this. I will add feedback etc...as soon as I can guys !!

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
FYI the trans can be filled without the controller hooked up. I asked about this a while back and didn't get an answer but I was told yesterday it was ok. I had 8 quarts in it already, so I cranked it and ran thru the gears manually and was able to add 4 more. 12 quarts is the standard capacity with stock pan and converter. I have the deep pan (3 extra) and circle D converter (will be less), so I'm guessing 14-15 quarts in the end. It has a internal stat and want pass fluid to the cooler until 160 degrees. Unfortunately I wasn't able to leave the car running to get the trans up to tempature. As luck would have it my car broke just sitting there for three months.... Well it didn't break really, but a fuel fitting decided to leak so I have to make a new hose. It sucks, but it's better it leaked in the garage vs driving down the road.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it didn't break really, but a fuel fitting decided to leak so I have to make a new hose. It sucks, but it's better it leaked in the garage vs driving down the road.

Trust me, it is waaaay more exciting having fuel gush onto your hood when you are driving!

forum member
Reaction score
Did you happen to get the capacitor for the speedo with your book?
No. Do we need one for our speed sensor?
I got the 680 ohm resistor for using momentary shift buttons. I don't think I will use that feature.
Where you given instructions on how to wire the yet to be released transbrake?

Back