Control Arm Cross Reference? 2011-14 Control Arms on 2007 Mustang

tooslowfiveo

Reaction score
Hello,

I used the search function and still couldn't seem to find the answer to this. I have a 2007 Mustang with bad ball joints. I have heard that OEM 2011-14 control arms contain stronger and larger ball joints, and I would like to upgrade to them. Is there anything stopping me from doing so? BMR lists a different part number for 2011-14 vs 2005-09 arms. Is this because of a geometric difference or a fitment inconsistency, or is it just because of different bushing materials etc?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Hello,

I used the search function and still couldn't seem to find the answer to this. I have a 2007 Mustang with bad ball joints. I have heard that OEM 2011-14 control arms contain stronger and larger ball joints, and I would like to upgrade to them. Is there anything stopping me from doing so? BMR lists a different part number for 2011-14 vs 2005-09 arms. Is this because of a geometric difference or a fitment inconsistency, or is it just because of different bushing materials etc?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

The ball joint studs are different diameters, so the later arms won't fit the early knuckles. Easy enough to swap to a pair of later knuckles, though, junkyard sourced. Plug-and-pray!

tooslowfiveo

Reaction score
The ball joint studs are different diameters, so the later arms won't fit the early knuckles. Easy enough to swap to a pair of later knuckles, though, junkyard sourced. Plug-and-pray!

Gotcha. I thought the ball joint base diameters were the only difference. Looks like I will be on the hunt for spindles!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back