Does 2014 dashboard work with 2005 heater box ?

Hrannar

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys
i am beginning to swap complete 2014 GT interior and wiring to a 2005 GT car, does anyone know if i have to get a complete heater (evaporator HVAC box) from a 2014 to get it to work or can i use the heater from 2005 car ?

Thanks

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Have you looked up the part #'s or even seen if they look alike?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
There was another thread about this recently and one of the posters said when he swapped interiors he had to swap to a 2010+ hvac box too. Let me find the thread.

Edit: Actually it says that the evaporator cores are different and so are the holes in the firewall for them. That most likely means the hvac boxes are not the same. Do a search and you might be able to find your answer faster than waiting for a reply here.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129684&highlight=Interior+swap

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
She should know for sure. For being close to the dimensions as the 05-09 dash its crazy how much changed. I know the ac was revamped, sync added with a new radio and buttons moved so its easy to see why the harness changed.

Im actually really interested in this now. I think a 10-14 dash and console in an 05-09 would look good. Plus I could use the newer door panels without the stupid leather inserts.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back