ODB-II Logging / PID's with Torque Android App

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone else using a bluetooth or USB ODB-II dongle and the Torque app to log data on their Coyote?

Lots of good info to gather, and I'm really impressed at how accurately this ECU is able to fuel the engine. I spent soooo many hours looking at data on my modded '95 GT, and trying to sort the fueling, idle speed, etc, using a TwEECer. I could never avoid a spike (usually lean) when the throttle was opened quickly. This Coyote is sorted!

It seems like there are some missing PID's though. Specifically, I'd love to see knock sensor activation and the associated spark retard. Oil temp would be cool too, but I'm not sure there is a factory sensor for that.

I've installed the Torque Scan plugin and let it scan for custom PID's, but it found nothing. Any ideas?

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting, the SCT live link software finds the spark advance and what I believe to be the knock. Curious why the app would not.

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
There is a PID for the knock sensor spark retard, but I have no idea how to find it. I datalogged my engine using an older version of Livelink and I had no problem reading the KS spark retard. The latest "Gen II" of Livelink has an automated lookup for PID's, but that won't find it for me, and it doesn't seem to allow you to find it any other way.

There is no oil temp sensor. CHT is there, though.

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Oooo, cylinder head temp? I want that... Still haven't found a way to get knock retard. I'd really love to get that logged soon, so I can see whether my heat extractor vent is enough to improve the state of tune in a hot day.

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
I tried again today and used the old version 6.5 of livelink and I was able to get the KS retard to log. The new version can do it, but for some reason the PID doesn't come up.

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
The problem is that there are generic PID lists that these kinds of aftermarket devices use (I have a Dashhawk and it's the same) Unless you have the specific PIDs for particular applications, you will have missing data. SCT regularly provides updates to its devices that include full lists of PIDs for particular vehicles, like F150s or Ecoboost Mustangs.

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
The problem is that there are generic PID lists that these kinds of aftermarket devices use (I have a Dashhawk and it's the same) Unless you have the specific PIDs for particular applications, you will have missing data. SCT regularly provides updates to its devices that include full lists of PIDs for particular vehicles, like F150s or Ecoboost Mustangs.
Are those hidden in the software or visible?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I can find cylinder head temp on my Aeroforce, so that shouldn't be hard.

I've got Torque and an OBD reader, but it's stayed in my Ecoboost Fusion. I'll have to put it in the Mustang and see what it finds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
If you use straight OBDII Spark knock is PID 3EC. Not sure if the Torque APP does a direct OBDII query or not.

46addict

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. I'm a 3v owner and did a search. I noticed the app has a readout for vacuum/boost and I'm wondering where the data comes from? Is it getting a signal from the MAF?

When I compare the readings to my mechanical vac/boost gauge, the vacuum reading on the app is higher. I tend to think the mechanical gauge is more accurate, as it reads 15" of vacuum at idle which is more believable than 22+ inches at idle on a cammed car with 79k miles.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If there is not a MAP sensor being read by the PCM, there is no actual vacuum/boost reading. You're looking at a derived reading that represents a "best guess" algorithm.

So, the vacuum/boost read by the Torque app on my Ecoboost Fusion is correct (since the engine is speed density), but reading it on my Mustang would be only a software's educated guess.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back