Loud pop on radio and Sync went dead

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I was driving along listening to a podcast via bluetooth when there was a loud pop in the speakers and the podcast stopped. The display still showed the title of the podcast and the bluetooth symbol was still present but no functions other than the manual radio controls would respond. Tried shutting the radio on and of a couple of times to no effect. The menu button would not work for other than the radio, phone, voice etc buttons all dead.
I pulled into a parking lot to look at my phone, podcast was still playing but in the settings it was disconnected from bluetooth, a couple of tries to reconnect it failed.
I tried shutting off the car and opening the door then closing the door and turning the key back on - no change a first. Not sure what I did but eventually pressing the menu button, the display came up asking if I wanted to pair a phone, pressed ok and saw the name my phone displayed. Voice and sync functions returned. WTH happened?
I've got the premium package without navigation on my '13 GT

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I was about to check the fuse when the system came back. If a fuse were blown it wouldn't have done that. Since the initial episode, I have noticed the system initially starts up normally, then goes dead again a few minutes after starting but they restarts itself. When it goes dead, I loose the bluetooth icon on the dash and only the radio menu is accessible until it comes back.It almost looks like it's rebooting or reinstalling or something because I see the word "PHONE", then "SYNC" for a few minutes each as it recovers.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This kind of crap happens occasionally. Sometimes it's SYNC's fault; most of the time it's the phone's fault.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Well it happened again yesterday, only this time the display was stuck showing the name of my phone. I just turned off the car, opened the door and the closed the door and restarted. In a few minutes Sync came back up again and worked fine the rest of my 46 mile commute home. Go figure. At least now I think I have a fix for this.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back