2013 oil pump....billet back plate

10secgt

Reaction score
I'm glad I asked before ordering the Boundary gears, I hate to spend $200 more, but I would be hating it worse if I had to tear me new motor apart.

Thanks guys for your input

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I didnt see them until after I had ordered my TSS and kicked myself, but just accepted knowing that TSS was well known and high quality to pad the blow.

But seeing some of these stories makes me glad I paid the extra

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
My TSS gears have performed flawlessly to date, they have in a couple motors now.

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
My buddy I got the shortblock from was like "just spend the money and get TSS", and I was just trying to save a little money. Well that didn't work out. $200 extra turned out to be all the difference in the world

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I feel bad for boundary as it seems they figured they could cut something out with a laser or EDM, match tolerances and be good. I don't get how 100% of their customers aren't having issues and I just heard about this now.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that most don't actually have a OP gauge and see the actual real change. If the motor makes more 5spi the dummy light doesn't come on. Takes around 24 or so min to work vct at idle so if the chains never slap they are none the wiser. Take a built motor and looser tolerances the chain slaps we add gauge and then go wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up the aeroforce from dylan and gonna plug boost and oil pressure sensor's into it

vbluep51

forum member
Reaction score
Does any one know if the Ford racing oil pump M-6600-F46 same as DR3Z6600A? Both are listed as 2013 GT500 parts.

MarkMach

Reaction score
These pics are the Boundary gears after 1 heat cycle of idle time. In a brand new GT500 pump, in a perfect setup.

Seen the exact same thing with TSS pump, moral of the story is to not run debris through the pump. Can upload more photos, but this is the one I had on hand. Same symptoms, extremely low pressure after dyno run.

Attachments

• TSS.jpg
    TSS.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 24

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Brand new pump, new gears, new pickup, new pan, perfect running shortblock. Debris from where? Everything was surgically clean. The only debris was from the boundary gears eating themselves

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
This isn't good news...I just installed boundary gears in my rebuild.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
This isn't good news...I just installed boundary gears in my rebuild.

I've been running the Boundary gears for 18mo n' 10,000 miles with no issues.

Here's a pic of the Boundary gears vs the cast OE, the outer Boundary gear is showing more marks than the cast but the inner gear looks about the same as the cast GT500.

Attachments

• GT500_Boundary_Outer_OPG.jpg
    GT500_Boundary_Outer_OPG.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 16
  • GT500-OE_Cast_Outer_Gear.jpg
    GT500-OE_Cast_Outer_Gear.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 16
  • GT500-OE-Left_Boundary_Right.jpg
    GT500-OE-Left_Boundary_Right.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 16

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back