bolton coyotes trapping 119+ with no drag wheels?

fly panter

Reaction score
if yall have gone 119+mph in the 1/4 with boltons only.
please post yalls setups,w.r and d.a.
no skinnies and no power adders please.
im planning on going 118-120 than adding a 100shot.
gone a best of [email protected] with axleback and 18" d.r in tx

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you asked but save your money on bolt ons and go straight forced induction- my car was full bolt on from 1 7/8 kook headers to rear suspension- intake and tb- I trapped 119+ and ran 11.30 in -200-+400 da and car weighted 3725 race weight- buy a used set up or even a new set up and you will be further a head- hell livernois has a mag. blower set up tuner kit for 4250 add a a handheld, injectors and a orx(used) and you have 550-575 rwhp for under 5 k- and your factory manifolds will be fine for the power level. you didn't say if your a auto or a manual- but with a tvs you wont need a converter and this will save you from 12-1500 with labor. right now is the right time to buy things once- and it is always more economical to buy things once.

fly panter

Reaction score
Just went through the 4 pages and there might be two cars on there but i dont know if they had skinnies.
i just want to drive my car to track and run.not swap any tires.
wbt where u at,from my research u seem like u are a great source

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
12.48 is a pretty decent et for a non tuned car- what was your 60 foot on that 12.48? and race weight ?

fly panter

Reaction score
raceweight im not sure.that magnuson looks tempting

Attachments

• 20161126_092855.jpg
    20161126_092855.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 23

fly panter

Reaction score
200lbs removed.
car feels lazy coming out the whole.
will a tune help on stock stall or these cars just have no balls down low?

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
a good tune with your drag radials will help, you should see a .25-.3 tenths decrease in 1/4 miles times and notice a .007-.1 in the 60 foot- expect anywhere from a 1.88-1.84 in the 60' range- after that the next best mod for the dollar is a a off road x if it is applicable in your area and the biggest bang is a torque converter but then you will need to address traction and launch issue again depending on track prep.

fly panter

Reaction score
i know every forum is different on who they suggest but any suggestions?i already have a pypes x pipe and a airraid in the garage not installed.need to buy a tuner

casper gt

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise focusing on mph so much and worry about an et goal, that said, install the orx, airaid and a solid tune.

That will get you a few tenths and a couple of mph then get a converter, it will be your best bet short of a blower.

Don't waiste a whole lot of time n/a with the stock converter

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Just went through the 4 pages and there might be two cars on there but i dont know if they had skinnies.
i just want to drive my car to track and run.not swap any tires.
wbt where u at,from my research u seem like u are a great source

I am sure it is possible with stock fronts or a wider front tire/wheel.

IMO there are a couple of options if you don't want to swap the fronts.
1. Run a skinny up front with a radial tire. You can drive this on the street with being a bit more careful.
2. If #1 is just a plain no go, run a 6" wide rim on the front and a more durable radial tire.

The goal is to reduce weight and rolling resistance.

For other mods:
1. Converter. As other's mentioned this will help with the 60'.
2. Suspension. Doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't use it. UCA and mount, LCA's with relo brackets minimum.
3. Headers.
4. Boss intake.
5. A good tune. Lund would be my choice if I didn't do my own.
6. 28" drag radial in the rear. Both Hoosier and MT make a good 275/60/15 tire.

Enjoy it. You also have a good foundation to build off of if you want to go faster. :)

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
I went 11.81 @ 120 with just full exhaust and a tune. Stock air box, stock manual, all motor, with full weight, and 20x10.5 front wheels.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back