Ford Mustang 15S21 Air Bag Recall 2013-2014 MY GTs

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The 15S21 Drivers Air Bag Inflators for the 2013-2014 Mustangs are starting to come in. Check with your local dealer for availability. This is for the Base Mustang and the GT. The GT500 requires a different inflator that is still not available.

TheSuit

VISIONARY
Reaction score
If anyone is looking to get this done in the south Florida area, talk to 86GT351. Was very helpful in getting my car in. Took it there and it was ready in less than 20 minutes maybe.

Great guy and very helpful!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking to get this done in the south Florida area, talk to 86GT351. Was very helpful in getting my car in. Took it there and it was ready in less than 20 minutes maybe.

Great guy and very helpful!

Thanks for the kind words. glad to help.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Who still needs to have the 15S21 Drivers Air Bag Inflator recall done? We have them in stock for 05-12 Mustangs and 13-14 mustangs. Part for Shelby still not available unfortunately.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I need it, and have a quick question: I'm 2nd owner and the steering wheel emblem somehow is dented ... When they replace the airbag, does the emblem come with the airbag, or should I get my local dealer to order one of those and install it at the same time ?

Anyone know ?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I need it, and have a quick question: I'm 2nd owner and the steering wheel emblem somehow is dented ... When they replace the airbag, does the emblem come with the airbag, or should I get my local dealer to order one of those and install it at the same time ?

Anyone know ?

If your car is a 14 then it will get replaced. On the 05-12 cars the Horn pad/Air Bag is removed and then the inflator which bolts to the underside gets replaced. On the 13-14 Cars it is a complete assembly so your emblem will be replaced also on Fords Dime!

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I'm told locally it'll probably be another year before they're available for my '13 GT. Dealer explained they are replacing the oldest cars in the most humid environments first.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
I'm told locally it'll probably be another year before they're available for my '13 GT. Dealer explained they are replacing the oldest cars in the most humid environments first.

Air bags are available for your car, check a different dealer. I had my 14 done 2 months ago.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Air bags are available for your car, check a different dealer. I had my 14 done 2 months ago.

I just got the recall notice the other day, so that seems to contradict what my dealer service manager told me. I'll be calling them this week.

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
I called 2 big dealers in my area today and they don't have any airbags and have no idea when they are arriving (one told me "we thought we were getting them last month but none showed up").

On the '13/'14 Mustangs, do we know if this replacement is permanent or just a temporary one? The reason I ask is because Ford's own website mentions this under "Are There Parts Available To Fix My Vehicle?".

https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...regarding-takata-airbag-inflator-recalls.html

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I called 2 big dealers in my area today and they don't have any airbags and have no idea when they are arriving (one told me "we thought we were getting them last month but none showed up").

On the '13/'14 Mustangs, do we know if this replacement is permanent or just a temporary one? The reason I ask is because Ford's own website mentions this under "Are There Parts Available To Fix My Vehicle?".

https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...regarding-takata-airbag-inflator-recalls.html

First of all this is the Final Fix not a Temp. What area are you in? The Drivers Air Bag should be available to anyone. The passenger is not

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
86GT351 - I am in San Antonio area. I just got off the phone with Ford customer service and, after being on hold for about 15 minutes, they came back and told me that the airbags have 'limited availability' for my 2013 Boss 302 but they contacted my closest dealer and are placing me on a list.

I am unaware of any 2013 Bosses that have been able to get the permanent recall replacement airbag. If you know of any, please direct me to thread or link because I would like to know how to get it done!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
86GT351 - I am in San Antonio area. I just got off the phone with Ford customer service and, after being on hold for about 15 minutes, they came back and told me that the airbags have 'limited availability' for my 2013 Boss 302 but they contacted my closest dealer and are placing me on a list.

I am unaware of any 2013 Bosses that have been able to get the permanent recall replacement airbag. If you know of any, please direct me to thread or link because I would like to know how to get it done!

The Boss bag is the same as the GT. That is very odd.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back