No power to coils! ( i think) NEED HELP!!!!!

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Well guys seems all the injecotrs have power and seems my coils doesnt have power all my ground are good. one on driver side head. pass motor mount. the 2 under the radiator plastic thing amd the one on the battery.

Any info or help would be awsome!! Just lost and dont know what to do.

Moved battery to trunk is only thing i have done! And since then coils arent getting power and yes the battery is good its brand new!!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Assuming this is a 2005 based on the very limited 411 you provided.

Because you contradict your thread name in your statement I am inclined to start from the basics. So here goes.

Does the fuel pump prime at key-on engine running position(IOW do you hear the pump kick on then off after proper priming at keyon-engine running)? YES? then move on. NO? Check the Fuel pump inertial reset located in the drivers side kick panel and make sure it has not tripped. Also check to see if the Fuel pump relay is bad or Fuse F41 in the BEC is blown.

Will provide next step after you reply to this.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I'll do this when I get home. But got a fore innovations kit and with key on pumps get on and start sending fuels to the rails. But rest I'll check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
If the pump fires and moves fuel on a return style system, assuming its a return style since you stated Fore Innovations, then F41, the Fuel pump relay and the intertial switch (assuming you did not bypass that which would not be wise OR legal) are all fine.

So assuming the cylinders are getting fuel during the start sequence we can now pretty much rule out the fuel system.

Therefore we need to next look to see what is happening on the COP's.

Step 2:

Check to see that the PCM relay is good. Also check Fuse F40 (15 amp) in the BEC which provides 12vdc to the COP's. IF FUSE F40 is blown I would first verify that the filter caps in this circuit are not shorting to ground. Their only true function is to filter ignition noise. Isolating them for troubleshooting purposes is not an issue. You will only hear noise on the radio if there is still one in the car.

Last check to see with key on engine on (but obviously not running) that you have 12vdc at each COP.

The PCM is responsible for sinking the COP and FI circuit to ground to the appropriate cylinder being commanded to fire by the PCM based on firing sequence. I am assuming you are using a factory PCM, right?

46addict

Reaction score
Are the COP filter caps built in to the coil/wiring or is it an independent part? Where are they located? I have an intermittent/random backfire and I'm wondering if the caps are shorting out. I imagine I would blow the COP fuse if they are in fact shorting though.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Are the COP filter caps built in to the coil/wiring or is it an independent part? Where are they located? I have an intermittent/random backfire and I'm wondering if the caps are shorting out. I imagine I would blow the COP fuse if they are in fact shorting though.

AS I recall they are located on the front of the engine. Should be mounted on the front of the heads kind of tucked near where the intake meets the heads. They look like a little black rectangular shaped cube with one wire running from them. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot I had the wot box. And had to go into the pcm and put it the way stock wiring was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
In any event, now I know what those black square things are mounted to my engine cover studs ... lol...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back