New clutch install

ZRH2010GT

They stole my rims
Reaction score
I went online and got a new chromoly lightweight flywheel, stage two XTD clutch (pressure plate, disc, and throughout bearing).
Flywheel is perfect but pressure plate doesn't fit the guide pins at all, was wondering if I could hand drill them out one size larger and it would not give me a balance issue.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 10

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
IMO the guide pins are only to help with installation. If it were me I'd drill them out or get different guides. Sometimes a clutch kit will come with new pins to put into the flywheel.

IIRC I had to put my RST on without the pins and I know of at least one other person who did also. It might be a good idea to write something with a sharpie on the pressure plate as a warning to whoever might be doing the next clutch install because it will fall right off when the bolts are removed.

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
i did not use the pins and wrote a warning with a black marker.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
i did not use the pins and wrote a warning with a black marker.

You were the other person I was thinking of.

At least with the RST the bolts fill the holes well enough that it doesn't matter. They locate the pressure plate pretty well.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I had to drill out the holes on a Centerforce clutch too.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
yikes, I'd want those dowel pins. Maybe there's paint in the holes on the PP?

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly I just looked at reviews of XTD clutches and if it were me I would send it back and buy a different brand. Clutches and throw out bearings are not a area where I want to skimp on. The fact that it won't fit is an indicator of issues especially with THIS brand. I wouldn't cheap out and use this brand as they are big in the import scene and have very mixed reviews. Too many for the amount of work involved to realized you made a mistake.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back