Throttle body voltage

Isaacford2012

Reaction score
I have a Roush SC kit I was hoping I could get some help from someone when installed did you have to adjust the voltage on the throttle body. I know like BBK you have to take notes on it an adjust to voltage and so on I've watched videos read up an everyone kept coming up with a .98 some say it was a myth idk. Grounded off to one of the SC mount bolts and the red wire running to green wire with a purple line using DC not AC like most stated on the Web and throttle body voltage was reading 1.37 tried grounding off a few different places and it'll very but not by much grounded off at the battery it showed 1.29 I was hoping if someone had any reference # or wouldn't mind taking some time out of there day to get a reading on the voltage I would greatly appreciate it

Here is a pic of where I grounded off to an the regulator I'm talking about if I turn the nut it goes up or down on the voltage reason for asking is my rpms drop off when coming to a stop an an sometimes choking to car off its like hit or miss sometimes it does it sometimes not

b452091d43c103f791b48f53843d417c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

travelers

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and have you talked to your tuner? He can adjust the tune to elevate that problem.

Isaacford2012

Reaction score
Been back an forth with the tuner at first though it was an idle issue because car idle was idling about 500, 550 rpms before read up on it he brought the idle up to 800 an from reading everybody was pretty much saying not to exceed that so did some more searching an reading an that's where the whole throttle body voltage came up he was saying it's probably the throttle body itself but who knows everything was brand new straight out of the box that's when I came on here in search of help for some numbers I never thought to check it before so rite now it's pretty much trying to tweek it out a little idk

nxcoupe

Reaction score
Been back an forth with the tuner at first though it was an idle issue because car idle was idling about 500, 550 rpms before read up on it he brought the idle up to 800 an from reading everybody was pretty much saying not to exceed that so did some more searching an reading an that's where the whole throttle body voltage came up he was saying it's probably the throttle body itself but who knows everything was brand new straight out of the box that's when I came on here in search of help for some numbers I never thought to check it before so rite now it's pretty much trying to tweek it out a little idk

It's all in the tune. These are not like older tb that were cable operated. All the voltage is provided by the computer to the tb. And please use a period now and again, it's hard to read your posts.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Youre not supposed to touch that screw, period.

As far as adjusting the tps yes thats a myth, dont worry about what its reading. It doesnt need to be exactly .98v. Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Reset the gas pedal?

Check the tps with the key turned to run and again with the car running. These cars do not utilize an iac and my guess is that its showing that voltage because the throttle body is slightly open to let enough air into the motor to idle. Its not related to your problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back