Ac stuck on defrost vents

JrS197

Reaction score
So my ac is stuck on the defrost vents. Very little air comes out of the front vents in max ac mode. And before this happened whenever i would switch over from ac to defrost or any other order it would make a lound ticking kind of sound. Any ideas on whats wrong?
Thanks

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Blend door actuator. Youll need to swap out the blend door. Ive never had to do it but I hear its a pain in the ass.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
There are four motor actuators involved in the manual climate control system.

one for recirculation, one for defrost, one for panel/floor and one for temperature blending. If you have the defrost air flow all the time and can alter the temperature output it is not the temp blend door. It is likely the Panel/Floor actuator motor assembly on the Climate controller itself. Page 412-00-5 gives the operating description of how these three motors (no the temp blending door) work with each other based on selection of floor, panel, defrost, recirc. etc.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=331&viewfile=Climate%20Control%20System.pdf

My guess is the actuator motor assembly for floor/panel. You may get lucky and find it to only be a loose connector on the back of the climate controller so check all of those as well.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back