NAV unit

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing for NAV in there 05-09 mustangs? My car still has the stock shaker 500. Our newer vehicles (DDs) both have built in NAV. Thought about taking the mustang to VA this April but don't want to use the main power port for a garmin windshield unit. What did you guys get? Were you able to blue tooth your phone?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing for NAV in there 05-09 mustangs? My car still has the stock shaker 500. Our newer vehicles (DDs) both have built in NAV. Thought about taking the mustang to VA this April but don't want to use the main power port for a garmin windshield unit. What did you guys get? Were you able to blue tooth your phone?

just put in a JVC without NAV (on purpose) saved $300 and use my iPhone via CarPlay and cable so i can use apple maps or google maps. have not tried the maps via bluetooth yet

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Use Google Maps on my Android. Only get lost 50 fuckin % of the time...

408Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a Ford factory Navigation unit off eBay and put it in mine. Had to also buy the satellite antenna for the Nav, but all-in was only about $350

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
After getting OEM NAV's and having the maps get outdated or not being able to use them on the go for address entry, we've been using Android/iPhone apps which update frequently and have proven to be slightly better than OEM NAV units.

The waze app is nice since many users mark locations of LEO's, accidents, etc.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Waze sucks for long distance trips. It's routing algorithm is made more for traffic avoidance on a commute, not long distance routing.

If you don't want factory nav, look into either a Pioneer unit or one of the Android head units.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back