JPC single turbo kit vs Hellion twin kit (2013 GT)

JPC Single vs Hellion Twin turbo kit

• JPC single

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Hellion twins

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't realize the EDP setup necessitated the removal of the front sway. is there a way to a front sway in there at all?

what issues do I run into without a front sway? I'd like to do some track days.

I might have to go with either cpr or hellion

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
EDP had a LOT of issues with back pressure.....you get a lot of bang for the back/custom stuff from CPR.
Other than the k-member, what else do you get with the CPR kit? I don't really care about the extras, unless they're needed anyway. Personally, I would rather not have to swap my k-member. It was something I did on my 05 and was always a pita to get alignment, bumpsteer, etc perfect. The OEM k-member just worked. I could definitely see myself leaning towards a kit where I don't have to fuck with that shit.

JPC/CPR single both have show to perform extremely well.

I bought the Hellion TT kit about 2 years ago. Install was pretty easy - we did it on jack stands and swapped the k-member at the same time. It does come with its own headers, but as you mentioned, they are basically just reversed, with a Y pipe going to the waste gate. The hellion kit has three mani modifications for fitment. None were groundbreaking. PCM is moved to their provided backet, fuse box gets moved to the side a little, and a new power cable is provided for the Fuse Box > battery because of the move.

Either way, I am sure the bigger singles were going to be more efficient, but the top power wasnt really a goal. I can still break 1000rwhp on 19lbs boost, keep the 6r80, and drive to and from work just fine. The look of the twins up top is really why I settled on the Hellion kit.
10410979_10207361439623554_440808969915963544_n.jpg
Man... I am right back to where I started with, with the Hellion as my number #1. Especially considering it has everything needed.

I'm just going to throw Armageddon in the mix too. A friend's 2016 GT was the alpha car, and I was very impressed with what I saw, and how it performed. No shortcuts taken, and the hot side is made by Kooks.
I haven't had any luck finding this one. Can you share a link and why you think it's good?

I have installed/tuned 2 JPC single kits (gen1) and they perform extremely well. Their gen 2 kit is supposed to be even better and I will be working with one on a '67 Nova II Coyote swap in the near future.
I didn't realize there was a gen 1/gen 2. What did they improve/fix?

46addict

Reaction score
The OEM k-member just worked. I could definitely see myself leaning towards a kit where I don't have to fuck with that shit.

What about a Roush 2300 TVS? They are priced at $6300 from Beefcake and you can keep your p/s, a/c and stock k-member. Comes with an a2w intercooler if you are into packing it with ice for drag racing. They can push enough air to destroy stock internals.

The Procharger setup for my 3v was also plug and play with no sacrifices to stock equipment. But I can see why someone wouldn't want a centri blower.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PM sent.

Other than the k-member, what else do you get with the CPR kit? I don't really care about the extras, unless they're needed anyway. Personally, I would rather not have to swap my k-member. It was something I did on my 05 and was always a pita to get alignment, bumpsteer, etc perfect. The OEM k-member just worked. I could definitely see myself leaning towards a kit where I don't have to fuck with that shit.

Man... I am right back to where I started with, with the Hellion as my number #1. Especially considering it has everything needed.

I haven't had any luck finding this one. Can you share a link and why you think it's good?

I didn't realize there was a gen 1/gen 2. What did they improve/fix?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score

No corners cut. Good components. Good design.
https://goturbo.net/

Jeremiah was probably the first guy to really push that kit on an S197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWF2aKqWDFY

For the S550, Josh Stroud has been building the S550 alpha cars
https://www.instagram.com/strouddesigns/

Armageddon was founded by a guy who got tired of compromising at Hellion. He left and started his own.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a really nice single kit with forward facing headers for an 06'. I found something that might work from CG fabrication but haven't been able to find anyone that has used one yet. It's only a hot side kit.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
What about a Roush 2300 TVS? They are priced at $6300 from Beefcake and you can keep your p/s, a/c and stock k-member. Comes with an a2w intercooler if you are into packing it with ice for drag racing. They can push enough air to destroy stock internals.
Sorry, but why would I buy a TVS when I could buy a Whipple? ...and if I did decide a TVS was the way to go, I wouldn't buy it from Roush, which to me, is a douchebag, overpriced company. There are plenty of F/I options for this car that allow you to keep all that. [/QUOTE]

On the more general supercharger vs turbo side of the argument... keep in mind, I'm at 7300ft altitude. That means more RPM/HP to make the same boost, which means more wear on the crank and components, more belt and slippage issues, and less life on the blower.

Sure... superchargers have their pros, and I did consider them, but a turbo(s) make so much more sense... especially at altitude.

The Procharger setup for my 3v was also plug and play with no sacrifices to stock equipment. But I can see why someone wouldn't want a centri blower.
Honestly, I like centris over PD blowers. I had a ProCharger on my 4.0L V6 and was very happy with it.

Thanks!

No corners cut. Good components. Good design.
https://goturbo.net/

Jeremiah was probably the first guy to really push that kit on an S197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWF2aKqWDFY

For the S550, Josh Stroud has been building the S550 alpha cars
https://www.instagram.com/strouddesigns/

Armageddon was founded by a guy who got tired of compromising at Hellion. He left and started his own.
That kit is nice, for sure. But holy hell... it's expensive.

Interesting that it was a guy that left Hellion, as I was going to say the design is very similar, in a lot of ways. There are only few ways to run duals, I understand... but at first glance, it looks like they borrowed a LOT from the Hellion kit's design.

I've been looking for a really nice single kit with forward facing headers for an 06'. I found something that might work from CG fabrication but haven't been able to find anyone that has used one yet. It's only a hot side kit.
I haven't heard of a single kit with forward-facing headers. Do they have a site for it?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back