What do we call that.........

07 Boss

Reaction score
........ plastic splash shield that attaches to the bottom of the front bumper?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
The only place I could find one was auto anything but that was a couple years ago and I didnt use ebay back then. My oem one broke one day on the interstate...

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine for like 20 bucks I think and it was flimsy as hell. The cjpp one is probably better quality.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Which shield is it you're talking about? My inner fender well ripped out and I had to buy one from rock auto. It was definitely from china and was about as sturdy as a piece of paper.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
My local Ford guy gave it to me for $40 so I bought it.

So just to be clear, you got it from your local Ford Dealership parts department?

That's s great price! I was quoted over $100 for one recently. My wife ran her 2014 Vert in a ditch and the lower air deflector didn't make it out so well.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Oem for 40 bucks, not bad.

Yeah, he knows I know look online so he gives me the best bottom dollar employee type discount that he can enter into the computer. If it's within a reasonable amount of the online price I go through my local place. Like to support the locals when I can. Sometimes he can come close and sometimes not.

Which shield is it you're talking about? My inner fender well ripped out and I had to buy one from rock auto. It was definitely from china and was about as sturdy as a piece of paper.

No, the one that attaches to the bumper and covers below the radiator.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Its easy to miss as it goes from the bumper to the radiator core support. Its not like a lower engine cover like my moms mazda has where you have to remove it just to change the damn oil.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Its easy to miss as it goes from the bumper to the radiator core support. Its not like a lower engine cover like my moms mazda has where you have to remove it just to change the damn oil.

Lol! I had one of those on my RSX and it drove me nuts. That's what this had me thinking of and I know for sure I don't have that. I'm sure it's there, just never noticed it. I usually look straight past the radiator when I'm underneath.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score

coyote guys have to remove it to change oil. it's kind of a pain in the ass, I can never get a clean catch from the oil filter.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Lol! I had one of those on my RSX and it drove me nuts. That's what this had me thinking of and I know for sure I don't have that. I'm sure it's there, just never noticed it. I usually look straight past the radiator when I'm underneath.

Me too lol. Ive never needed to look in front of the radiator lol. The first time I went to change my moms oil I saw it and said nope so we took it to the dealer haha!

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
coyote guys have to remove it to change oil. it's kind of a pain in the ass, I can never get a clean catch from the oil filter.

#CoyoteLifeStruggles

Lol but yea what a pain. Just changing the oil on a 3v is a pain all because of the one damn power steering line in the way. Otherwise its sooo easy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back